SettingsLevelChange in Settings.xml?
As the title states, I'm wondering if it would be possible to have the settings level button in the main settings menu.
For the skin I'm working on it fits best to have it there, but it doesn't seem to be working, which I assume is because it's only active in SettingsCategory.xml.

Is there any way around this or do I have to wait and hope that this will be added in the future?
You could try
Code:
SendClick(SettingsCategory.xml,20)
although I doubt that will work without the actual id or name but each category has it's own.

Code:
picturessettings    WINDOW_SETTINGS_MYPICTURES    10012    12     SettingsCategory.xml
programssettings    WINDOW_SETTINGS_MYPROGRAMS    10013    13     SettingsCategory.xml
weathersettings     WINDOW_SETTINGS_MYWEATHER     10014    14     SettingsCategory.xml
musicsettings       WINDOW_SETTINGS_MYMUSIC       10015    15     SettingsCategory.xml
systemsettings      WINDOW_SETTINGS_SYSTEM        10016    16     SettingsCategory.xml
videossettings      WINDOW_SETTINGS_MYVIDEOS      10017    17     SettingsCategory.xml
servicesettings     WINDOW_SETTINGS_SERVICE       10018    18     SettingsCategory.xml
appearancesetting   WINDOW_SETTINGS_APPEARANCE    10019    19     SettingsCategory.xml
Yeah, that didn't work. At least not out of the box.
Actually it shouldn't matter which window ID is used as it changes the level for all windows.

Try
Code:
SendClick(picturessettings,20)
Naw, that doesn't seem to work.
The label wouldn't have changed either. The level is set to "Expert", but in Settings.xml it just shows up as "Standard". The control just doesn't work outside SettingsCategory.xml :\
I tried various ways to get this working outside of the setting categories but with no luck.

I really think we should be able to use <onclick>settingslevelchange</onclick> from anywhere in a skin (or at least settings.xml) to be honest.
I've asked about this on Github -

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2660#i...t-38660839
bump

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SettingsLevelChange in Settings.xml?0