XBMC crashes after backup
I have been running XBMC 12 on Ubuntu 12.04 for more than a year now, without issues.

Now, I have been playing around in my system to the point of screwing it up, which is no worry as I make a full backup every month or so, so I restored from the latest backup.

On my system there are two user accounts that can run XBMC, one that I consider my "main" account, and a second one which has its home folder encrypted, which I use to play more "sensitive" material.

After the restore, I find the main account working just like before, everything is fine. On the second account, however, XBMC crashes upon starting it up. After playing around a while I found that XBMC will run fine if the RssFeeds.xml is not in the userdata subfolder at startup. It doesn't matter if it's the default file or my own customized version or an empty file for that matter. If RssFeeds.xml is there, XBMC crashes. The RSS ticker is not even activated in the options.

I could hardly believe something is wrong with the backup, The system was running just fine before and after the backup, which went smoothly without errors, just like the restore process.

I have tried removing the .xbmc folder in that account so it rebuilds a new one, and so it does, but then I run into the same issue.

I then tried backing up this account home folder, delete the account, re-create it, restore the home folder, same result.

I am not home right now, so can't post my logs right away, I'll do so once I reach home. In the while, perhaps someone has a clue for me ??

Thank you for your help

Charles
Please link to an uploaded crashlog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes after backup0