No DTS-HD Passthrough option - Gotham
(2014-05-29, 10:55)dezmick Wrote: I just installed Gotham tonight, and had the same problem with Aeon MQ 5 skin, i downloaded Transparency as well and still could not get the correct audio settings, for the heck of it i tried Confluence which was already on the download and they were all there, so i turned them on then switched back to the MQ 5 skin and they were there as well and ready to go and work just like they did with Frodo 12.3

all skins you downloaded after installing gotham should have been gotham skins.
Possibly your addons list wasn't updated and you still got frodo skins, which would explain that. The gotham skins in repo support the settings level button.
(2014-06-20, 12:54)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-06-20, 11:33)pandrade Wrote: Same problema here!
Gotham 13.1 final under Linux, but no DTS or AC3 "capable" checkbox, under "System - settings - audio".
I would appreciate any help.

Kind regards
Pedro Andrade

Create your own post over in the Linux support forum with debug log file.

Possible causes:

1. Your equipment is not passthrough capable.
2. Your Settings level is not a high enough level to see all options, set to Expert.
3. You have a Linux desktop installation that comes with PulseAudio, if PulseAudio is installed then by default this is used and not ALSA, if PulseAudio is used then it must be configured for passthrough, see PulseAudio (wiki)

Thanks for quick reply.
I'm running Linux 3.0.101-MX in a MX Box. Previously, with Android, Sound was OK, with SPDIF passthrough, and DTS and DTS-HD being decoded in Receiver.
Setting level are EXPERT (check picture).

Does the pictures help to figure this problem out ?
Thank you very much
Kind regards
Pedro

Quote:Linux 3.0.101-MX in a MX Box

That's your problem. Nobody knows what's in there. Post a Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-06-20, 19:58)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:Linux 3.0.101-MX in a MX Box

That's your problem. Nobody knows what's in there. Post a Debug Log

Sure! I understand!
Here goes: xbmc.log : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=231069

Thanks
Quote:00:28:31 T:1096679424 NOTICE: Device 1
00:28:31 T:1096679424 NOTICE: m_deviceName : @
00:28:31 T:1096679424 NOTICE: m_displayName : Default (AML-DUMMY-CODEC Analog)
00:28:31 T:1096679424 NOTICE: m_displayNameExtra:
00:28:31 T:1096679424 NOTICE: m_deviceType : AE_DEVTYPE_PCM
00:28:31 T:1096679424 NOTICE: m_channels : FL,FR
00:28:31 T:1096679424 NOTICE: m_sampleRates : 8000,11025,16000,22050,32000,44100,48000
00:28:31 T:1096679424 NOTICE: m_dataFormats : AE_FMT_S24NE4,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE

There is only a 2 channel PCM device without any passthrough capabilities. Time to file a bug with those that made you this broken image.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Simply put that Linux build does not support passthrough, and if you are using SPDIF then it's impossible you were getting DTS-HD passed through for decoding in the AVR with Android, at best you would gave got plain DTS.
(2014-06-20, 20:24)jjd-uk Wrote: Simply put that Linux build does not support passthrough, and if you are using SPDIF then it's impossible you were getting DTS-HD passed through for decoding in the AVR with Android, at best you would gave got plain DTS.

Thanks for reply.
It is Correct. I checked in another box, and I got only DTS.
Txs
Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead.

Long story short

I am running 13.2

Denon X4000 receiver.
WASAPA: DENON-AVRHD set in XBMC

Only shows PCM Signal when I pull AVR menu. Will not default to DD, DTS, Nothing. ONLY DTS Matrix, or DD EX

Basically gave up after tinkering with Windows 7 (btw) settings, and XBMC. Sounded ok, but was dissapointed given my setup

Recently downloaded Rambo in 7.1 DTS-HD MA

Here is where it gets weird

in XBMC the movie info shows 5.1 DTS-HD MA. When I look at the real time data hitting "O", it shows DTS (DTS-HD MA) 5.1, and again on my AVR info menu shows 5.1 input PCM, and "output 7.1"

Random thought... I play it through WMC.

Movie details there show DTS-HD MA 7.1. Interesting I think. Select it, and WOW. For the first time, the receiver lights switch to DTS-HD MA 7.1, Input on AVR menu shows same as 7.1 and the sound... WOW WOW... night and day.

This is in a dedicated theater and for 8 months I've been running like this and with only my HTPC and 99% with XBMC, and NO DVD player so never even know.

PLEASE someone tell me they have some ideas for me!!

Much appreciated!
first off, upgrade to 14.2 and see if the issue is fixed. AFAIK there was a patch once that fixed some wrong channel layout detection. Also, if you use PCM, make sure you set your speaker setup to 7.1 in Kodi or it will always downmix to the speaker number you have defined in your settings (5.1 most likely).
Thanks for the message. I tried the switch to 14.2. To be honest, my favorite skin is a nightmare with Helix, and the COUNTLESS hours I've spent customizing everything is not something I'd like to do again if not necessary. I for sure have kodi set to 7.1 as well. Regardless, even DTS content that is 5.1, still comes up with DD EX which is obviously not correct. I come from an AV background so I can follow the bitstream or PCM, and how receivers can handle information, but the variable that seems to be the issue here is XBMC, and I never knew that 100% till I found WMC working perfectly.
so you tested it with the latest version (14.2) and the issue is still there? You don't have to stay on 14.2, but at least switch to it for testing.
Hey Guys,

I could use a little help with getting DTSHD-MA/TrueHD working.

My output device is WASAPI. My HTPC is a Minix z64. My Receiver is an SC-LX58 from PIoneer. Supposedly all these units are capable of HD codec passthrough. Inside of the audio configuration (With expert enabled) I see both TrueHD and DTSHD-MA options and I've enabled them. The problem is that when I play a video that has either one of these codecs my amp does nothing. If I play video with a nod HD audio content I see that the amp is decoding that audio as it'll switch to DTS or something like that. With a Video that has the HD codec it doesn't even attempt to switch.

I've tried it on both 15.2 as well as the 16 Beta versions of Kodi and the behavior is the same on both.

here is a copy of my kodi.log file. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

http://pastebin.ca/3309890
I have a my Raspberry Pi 2 running OpenElec and Isengard connected to my onkyo true HD amp. Passthrough is setup and working except for HD audio. There is no option to enable or disable HD audio passthrough in my settings. Only three options are AC, eac3 and dts capable receiver. If I play a blu-ray I see the true HD logo on the amp but I only get PCM when playing a true HD steam in kodi. Is there any way to force HD passthrough or am I missing something else? Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DTS-HD Passthrough option - Gotham0