Multi disc movies
I am trying to add The Lord Of the Rings extended edition to my library but each movie is on 2 discs. What's the best way to handle this in xbmc? I tried mkvmerge but I get an error when I start the merge I get an error but it creates a file but it doesn't play properly.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
There is information on how to do this, at least the way I understand it. It was either in the wiki, or the How-to forum.
Ok I'll check
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
So is his the "stacking" feature? The wiki isn't clear on how to do it. Do I need to create a folder within my movie source (The Lord Of The Rings The Fellowship Of The Ring) and put the 2 files in there and xbmc will play it like one file?
Well this appears to be much easier than the wiki leads on. All I had to do was make a folder with the movie name and copy the 2 mkv's in there. There's nothing about stacking in the video menu like the wiki says, so someone ought to change that.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138640

Its quite clear on wiki

DIRNAME=MOVIENAME_(YEAR) with files inside
moviename_(year)_cd1.extension
moviename_(year)_cd2.extension
moviename_(year)_cd3.extension
etc etc up to 9 parts. Then stacking enabled for File mode and library mode should be auto.

uNi
Hi
I have a single movie that span 2 BD discs and each in BDMV folder

How can I get XBMC to stack them together?

Thanks for any help.
When I did it for The Lord of the Rings, I made a folder for each movie named exactly as the movie is named on imdb. In the folder, I put the 2 movie files with an a and a b so the order is correct and they play perfectly seamlessly like a single move.[/i]
(2013-05-14, 03:56)patseguin Wrote: When I did it for The Lord of the Rings, I made a folder for each movie named exactly as the movie is named on imdb. In the folder, I put the 2 movie files with an a and a b so the order is correct and they play perfectly seamlessly like a single move.[/i]

Hi thanks for reply, but my movie is in BDMV folder structure, not a ripped mkv file.

Back to the question, so how can I stack 2 BDMV folders under the same movie?

Note, I think i found the answer here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139951
Hello!

I have the same problem as described. I have LOTR EE on two disc bluray. At the end I created two ISO images. The sistem finds them and I can play part by part. But is it possible to play these files like two normal video files? I have movies that are in two avi files and they play like one. But this doesn't. Please helpHuh
Yes, I have a folder called Lord Of The Rings (2001).bluray and inside 2 movies: Lord Of The Rings (2001) disc 1.bluray and then disc 2 in the same place. This way, it all plays like a single movie. It's important to have the imdb name first and then something putting them in order after. I found that putting disc 1,2 works best. This works for all 3 extended edition movies and both 3d Hobbit movies.

Edit: you can use mkvmerge and make it a single movie if you want.
(2014-04-20, 16:50)patseguin Wrote: Yes, I have a folder called Lord Of The Rings (2001).bluray and inside 2 movies: Lord Of The Rings (2001) disc 1.bluray and then disc 2 in the same place. This way, it all plays like a single movie. It's important to have the imdb name first and then something putting them in order after. I found that putting disc 1,2 works best. This works for all 3 extended edition movies and both 3d Hobbit movies.

Edit: you can use mkvmerge and make it a single movie if you want.

So I tried what you suggested, but sadly it didn't work Confused It deleted it from the movies library, renamied it, and it still doesnt work - it only stacks them. The folder looks like this:
The lord of the rings The gellowship of the ring 2001.bluray (main folder)
->The lord of the rings The gellowship of the ring 2001 disc 1.bluray (iso 1)
->The lord of the rings The gellowship of the ring 2001 disc 2.bluray (iso 2)

Ok, I can select the parts when they are stacked, but I would realy like them to play as one - as if you have a two part avi rip.
Minor point but did you put the year in parentheses? I dunno, maybe stacking doesn't work with ISO's? Can you just convert the ISO's into MKV's?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi disc movies0