Gotham - seeking on some http streams broken
(2014-04-19, 08:56)Kib Wrote: You totally misunderstood me.

I just meant that if you want to test apache you don't need the WebDAV plugin, since you don't use dav functionality. Right?
Ah, commas.. Sure, to test http, but I plan on using the dav functionality.

Anyway, seeking with apache and nginx works fine.

(2014-04-18, 20:56)DBMandrake Wrote: Have a look at the pywebdav documentation - looks like there is a config option to disable chunk support:
Then it just crash on all request regardless of client. The whole library seems kinda buggy to me. example config file doesn't even load because of missing properties
Sounds to me like pywebdav is just plain buggy so I would try something else. I wouldn't have thought that a WebDAV server written in Python would have very good performance either - something written in C/C++ should have a lot better performance when serving large high bitrate files.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Check if you have the same issues with Apache webDAV or IIS.

I am inclined to think it might indeed be the pywebdav implementation, which hasn't been worked on for 3 years.
(2014-04-19, 22:10)DBMandrake Wrote: Sounds to me like pywebdav is just plain buggy so I would try something else. I wouldn't have thought that a WebDAV server written in Python would have very good performance either - something written in C/C++ should have a lot better performance when serving large high bitrate files.
I'm not going to serve hundreds of concurrent downloads. It's more than fast enough for streaming blurays for a couple of users. pywebdav is nice because you can run in userspace, and is very easy to setup to host a simple directory with no configuration required at all. If you know any other alternatives, shoot!

(2014-04-19, 22:56)Kib Wrote: Check if you have the same issues with Apache webDAV or IIS.

I am inclined to think it might indeed be the pywebdav implementation, which hasn't been worked on for 3 years.
Already tried webdav in apache. Seeking works fine, but one important problem: apparently it deliberately ignores symlinks so you need to configure each directory to host individually, sigh
Mount bindpoints should work with webdav in apache2
(2014-04-20, 15:17)takoi Wrote: Already tried webdav in apache. Seeking works fine, but one important problem: apparently it deliberately ignores symlinks so you need to configure each directory to host individually, sigh
Apache will happily follow symlinks if you configure the virtualhost entry correctly.

I used apache running on the Raspberry Pi (Linux) as the test server for the debugging in this thread and I had some of my test videos on an external USB drive - and a symlink in the httpdocs directory pointing to the mount point for the drive (under /media) and it worked fine.

Make sure you have Options FollowSymLinks in your virtualhost directive, for example here is what I was using:

Code:
<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

DocumentRoot /home/pi
        <Directory /home/pi>
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        <Directory /home/pi>
                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log

# Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit,
        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel warn

CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

Also make sure that the apache user (usually www-data) has read access to the directory and files that the symlink points to or it will not work or show up in the directory listings. Apache can only follow symlinks if it has permission in the file system to do so...(I couldn't get it to work at first but realised that the mount point for the external drive had rwx------ permissions so the apache user didn't have read permission)
Actually the webdav extension ignores the followsymlinks directive. This is why I pointed at mount bind instead.
(2014-04-20, 16:17)Kib Wrote: Actually the webdav extension ignores the followsymlinks directive. This is why I pointed at mount bind instead.
That sucks. Another option if the files are on the same partition would be hard links...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham - seeking on some http streams broken0