getting currently playing item
I want to use json/rpc in order to get the currently playing item in the XBMC, I'm using the following commands for all the player types:

- to getting the Active player :
Code:
{ "jsonrpc": "2.0",  "method": "Player.GetActivePlayers",   "id": 1}

- And to getting the currently playing item due to it's result:

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Playlist.GetItems","params":{"playlistid":playlist.id,"properties":["title","rating","season","episode","plot","runtime","showtitle","thumbnail", "year","genre"]},"id":1}

Now, I have three different cases:
1- if the currently playing item is a "movie":
every thing works very efficient.

2- if the currently playing item is a "song":
the result set contains not only the currently playing song but all the songs of the album that contains the currently playing song.

3- if the currently playing item is a "tvShow episode":
the result set is empty like if there is nothing currently playing.
Try Player.GetItem.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2014-03-24, 19:33)Montellese Wrote: Try Player.GetItem.

"Method not found."
What version of XBMC are you using?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
getting currently playing item0