My New Build, Home Cinema thread.

GTunney Offline
Not sure on exact figures but roughly a few grand (GBP)

1000+ for figures
1000+ for TV
300 for amp and speakers (old speakers)
780 for new speakers and sub
450 for nas
520 for 4 x 4TB drives for nas
130 for harmony remote

Then various other bits of kit like lights for TV unit and IR repeater stand me at about 100
find quote
k4sh1n Offline
Posting Freak
Oh snap,
Now I'm feel even more envious
I think if I sprung anywhere near that to upgrade mine, I may just end up on the evening news...teehee

(i.e. in breaking news a KODI user was murdered today by his partner after using their raiding their joint savings on an awesome media center project )
find quote
GTunney Offline
It's taken me years to get there, just build it all up slowly.
find quote
GTunney Offline
I forgot to upload some pics of the new speakers once fitted so here is some pictures of them. They've bedded in nicely and sound superb, they're let down slightly by my sub as I've not upgraded that yet. Will be upgrading to a BK Elec XLS-400 when funds permit.

[Image: P3PrfJb.jpg]

[Image: 1HbYGkC.jpg]

[Image: V4FwFd0.jpg]
find quote
Piers Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2015-09-19 13:18)GTunney Wrote:  I forgot to upload some pics of the new speakers once fitted so here is some pictures of them. They've bedded in nicely and sound superb, they're let down slightly by my sub as I've not upgraded that yet. Will be upgrading to a BK Elec XLS-400 when funds permit.

[Image: P3PrfJb.jpg]

[Image: 1HbYGkC.jpg]

[Image: V4FwFd0.jpg]

Nice looking kit. Although, scrap the wife and kids - then you can pick your own wallpaper and not have your man toys damaged Smile

I'm not keen on the position of the centre speaker, it should be more or less at the same height as your head.

Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read the forum rules (wiki)
The pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) must be read before reporting issues

Opinion: Never buy HTC
Skin: Xperience1080
find quote
GTunney Offline
In an ideal world Id have it the same height as the LR but sadly not possibly in this setup due to the TV.

It is how ever angled up towards the listening position to project the sound which works really well and prevents the sound from feeling localised. It's so good I can't tell whether the sound is coming out the LR or the centre. It all blends which is exactly how it should be.
find quote
Doc.Ex Offline
The reason it blends is because they are all so close together Tongue
Ideally the distance between the left and right speakers should be the same length as the distance between you an the speaker. That would increase the stereo effect quite a bit. But I guess you had to make some compromises for the looks Tongue
Any way, nice setup! Smile Love the small bezels of the TV.
find quote
Piers Offline
Team-Kodi Member
I agree with the above. That being said, it's certainly a very nice set-up and incredibly tidy (you should see mine Tongue )

Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read the forum rules (wiki)
The pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) must be read before reporting issues

Opinion: Never buy HTC
Skin: Xperience1080
find quote
GTunney Offline
It's only the centre dialog that blends, so voices etc.

As soon as you start throwing sound from left to right it's very distinctive.

It works well for me. Centre audio blends well but you still get the desired surround sound effect when audio pans from left to right or vice versa.
find quote
zag Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Got a link for the TV/AV stand? love the grey wood look with glass.
(This post was last modified: 2015-09-21 14:24 by zag.)
find quote
GTunney Offline
(2015-09-21 14:13)zag Wrote:  Got a link for the TV/AV stand? love the grey wood look with glass.

Yes I got it from this website - http://www.vladon.de/Almada-V2-TV-Board

If you email them they'll put you through to their english employee.

The glass is a nice touch and it does even better with the lights on but I have these switched off when I watch a film.
find quote