Linux No AC3 / DTS available anymore
Hi there,

currently I switched to XBMC Gotham due to bigger problems with PVR in Frodo. TV is working fine, but now I get only Stereo sound output.

My HTPC is connected to my AVR via optical toslink cable.

When I go to: Configuration -> System -> Audio Output: XBMC shows me:

Code:
Audio device: HDA Intel ALC662 (rev1 Digital S/PDIF)
That's very correct. But in Frodo there were some additional options like Pass Through, Receiver is AC3, DTS capable. These options are missing now.

How can I get my AC3/DTS surround output back?
Check if you have settings level turned to expert in the lower left of the settings screen (using confluence!)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
If there is only this device shown, xbmc has a problem with device enumeration (or lightdm does not wait for hdmi devices).

Post a Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-03-24, 20:04)Memphiz Wrote: Check if you have settings level turned to expert in the lower left of the settings screen (using confluence!)

Thanks, that was it. I'm still using Aeon Nox 4.0.9, which was marked as incompatible to XBMC 13.0. And it doesn't show the options level setting (beginner, advanced, expert). So I switched temporarely to Confluence and got all my settings back.

Thank you a lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No AC3 / DTS available anymore0