Rename all files in movie folder at once?
Hello

I am asking support if users know of a software which has the ability to rename the files all at once within a movie folder? As v13 is about to come out I decided to rename my files more organize as I have multiple copies of that movie and its fanart. Example is below.

Die Hard (1988).Blu-Ray Disc.mp4
Die Hard (1988).Blu-Ray Disc-poster.jpg
Die Hard (1988).Blu-Ray Disc-banner.jpg
Die Hard (1988).Blu-Ray Disc.NFO

And so on all the other fanart.

I would like to rename the files and add anything more like example:

Die Hard (1988).Blu-Ray Disc.BRRip.mp4
Die Hard (1988).Blu-Ray Disc.BRRip-poster.jpg

Its easy to do for one movie but having over 30,000 fanart files will take forever....

I wasn't sure to post this in the software ember media forums because looking for any windows software.

Thank you for reading my issue..

MSingh
Advanced Renamer works very well for things like this http://www.advancedrenamer.com/. It has a "replace with" option that is great for adding to file names.
(2014-03-25, 03:06)dpar Wrote: Advanced Renamer works very well for things like this http://www.advancedrenamer.com/. It has a "replace with" option that is great for adding to file names.

Thanks ! I tried it out and works fantastic. just have to get a grip on it. also it doesn't look like it downgrades the quality of the fanart jpg, png files so for now looking great !

thanks once again..
Bulk Rename Utility is also good for what you are after http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php
Total Commander has very extensive capabilities regarding this, too (hotkey in TC: Ctrl+M). I'd suggest you have a look at Total Commander - its absolutely amazing this kind of work. Once you learn a few hotkeys (e.g. Shift+F6 to rename highlighted file/folder), its extremely effective for file and archive work. Also takes direct console command input, ftp client etc etc etc.

Similar tool for Linux: Double Commander
I'd be rather surprised if there was some impact on image quality - if all you're doing is renaming the file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Thanks for the other software. I'll check these out tonight.

Another question : is it possible to rename/add the same multiple files on multiple drives? Example :

Have the movie - folder name - Die Hard (1988) drive X and Z. Within the folder contains the same exact files. As I have 3 backups of my media and would like to rename them all at once. That option might be a stretch..

Thanks !
Well (in Total Commander), you could save the input/output filnames as to a text file using the Multi-Rename tool - and load those files up when moving on to the next drive/backup. Haven't tried usong those bit, but operation and triggers are covered in quite easy-to-understand help files (F1 or look for the question mark button). I suggest you try this out with a smaller "test folder" first though, in case it doesn't work as you intended.

I also suggest you hav a little look at the other tools suggested. If you've got a big job, some of the "finer details" and options of one tool might make a large job much easier than with another tool. All seems fairly decent to handle, but all have their pros and cons.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
You can batch rename those movies name through krojamSoft: BatchRenameFiles program.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rename all files in movie folder at once?0