7.1 dts.ma displayed as 5.1
There has been an issue with xbmc center since v12.x and is still present in beta v13. When playing a movie with dts.ma 7.1 xbmc only displays the sound in 5.1. I am convinced that this is a software issue because it does displays on my surround sound receiver correctly as 7.1. Since it displays correctly in my receiver and does sound like a 7.1 audio track i figure my computer and xbmc are passing it through correctly it is just not displaying correctly. Now XBMC does display Dolby True HD 7.1 sound correct when playing a movie. Not a huge problem because I think it is passing the audio track through correctly just a minor annoyance because I bought a new 7.1 receiver and would like to see in xbmc which movies are 5.1,6.1 and 7.1 Maybe there is a fix for it I am just not seeing but Dolby True HD does display correct not dts.ma.
I believe this is an ffmpeg issue and has been discussed in the past. I think looking through some of the AudioEngine threads will reveal this.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Yes it's a limitation of ffmpeg as the ffmpeg demuxer is used to provide media info and ffmpeg is not able to decode the full 7.1 DTS-HD MA, TrueHD shows ok because ffmpeg can fully decode this.
ok that makes sense. now since it does display correct on my receiver when the audio is dts.ma.7.1. Is my receiver getting the full 7.1 sound. Would there be any possible update in the future for this?
apparently this may finally be resolved in kodi v.16.... hopefully its a small annoyance ive been waiting to get fixed for ages now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
7.1 dts.ma displayed as 5.10