Release RPI - Quartz Reloaded v2.0
I am mainly sharing this skin as It is a very good lightweight skin for use on the Raspberry Pi
The original developer "Pecinko" appears to have abandoned Quartz Reloaded as there has been no activity in about a year.
So I have taken it upon myself to ressurect this skin and possibly re-release it as a new one once complete.

There are many transition problems in quartz reloaded but i think i have just about got them sorted now.

Things Done So Far:
1. Addressed file naming issues preventing functions from working under linux.
2. Cleaned up untidy Texture/Background calling code.
3. Redesigned Big List view mode (this will be my main view mode & unfortunately as the PI has limited colour reproduction it looked really pixellated) SEE SCREENSHOT
4. Fixed bugged UI elements & changed default backdrops

To Do:
1. Add Gotham specific options such as Settings Levels.
2. Add OpenELEC Settings tab to homescreen (as this is my xbmc of choice on the Raspberry Pi)
3. Redesign Other Layouts & UI. (not a high priority at the moment)

DOWNLOAD:
https://github.com/alex240188/quartz.reloaded2
Nice to see this skin back again!
I used it for quite a long time when I first started using a rpi.
I've also added a very crude way of using recommended instead of recent series for the home widget. It's a branch of the original github files. Use it if you want (my first time ever, so probably not a very clean solution Wink ).

Good luck with the development!
To be fair the widget doesn't interest me at all. without configuration options its going to be the users preference on how they like it.
personally I don't even use the widget and only stumbled across it by accident when testing my changes on the PC.
I browse everything by Library anyway so I'll probably be taking the widget out at some point.
The idea for this is to be kept as lean as it can be (speed)
but thanks for the offer
Funny to see how differently everybody uses XBMC Smile
I basically use the widget 90% of the time.
For TV-shows i only ever go into the library to start a new show, after that it's ongoing tvshow widget only Wink

For Movies i do use the library a bit more often, but still mostly the recently added widget.
Are you taking about the widget where you mouseover at the top of the screen or the shelf below the TV's show entry
Euh, i don't know of any mouseover widget. I use it with a remote Smile.
I'm talking about the shelf. So on the homescreen when you select tv-shows its the one it shows above the word (press up to acces it).
Interested to see what the main differences are between this and Amber, which is pecinko's released lightweight skin.
Ahh, Quartz Reloaded was renamed to Amber - and is still being worked on:
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=203
Oh no. As if I didn't realize this. Looks like i will be rebasing to Amber then. Seems stupid to redo work that has already been done

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPI - Quartz Reloaded v2.00