• 10(current)
NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 2
Yep, you're confused. Read above again.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Nah. As long as Gotham works again, I'm good. Wink
Installed it on my master htpc now (beta3 plus this DLL) ... Running sweet....
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Fixed or not, I'm much more concerned with comments about the removal of NFS in Windows XBMC down the road. I too notice a difference in performance over SMB.
Thanks Bossa, that why I've been questioning using NFS over on OE and so e guy just said there's no difference and to just use SMB.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
@majorsl it's in it's working and I am sure we'll do our best to keep it so as long as it is feasible

@patseguin it's not hard to test it for yourself. Just try copying one big file and a bunch of very small ones and measure
Yep thanks Bossa. All my sources are now NFS. I run OpenElec so I'll only need that dll if I run it on my PC.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
It's not only for playing HD content where NFS has an edge though. If like me, you have to segregate access to your multimedia share to deny WMP / Explorer the opportunity to ruin all your album artwork, NFS makes a handy alternative method to access the share. Also, scraping benefits from the speed boost as well as viewing remote playlist content prior to playing from that list, etc, etc.
Odd thing is that I use MySQL and I added my sources on my main htpc. I cleaned the library on my bedroom PC and no media would play. I had to add sources and scrape again. I thought the whole with SQL was only having to scrape on one machine.
The paths need to be identical on each machine
^ that's a good reason for NFS too. Lots of us run mixed environments. While OS X does have SMB, Apple is notorious for breaking their own implementation of it and I just don't even trust it anymore (one other reason I use NFS).
Is the NFS fix incorporated into beta 4?
Yes
Hi, I'm using OpenElec 4.2.0 (Generic x86-64 build) and I'm having issues with NFS while doing path substitution for Thumbnails.

The thumbails substitution part on advancedsettings is:

<substitute>
<from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>nfs://rbrserver/home/xbmc/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>

On the logs I'm getting lots of this:

20:25:17 T:139809674737408 WARNING: FileNFS::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - //Thumbnails/f/fd9b1ddb.jpg

I have already tried to replace the machine name (rbrserver) for its IP and didnt changed. If I manually mount the same NFS path on the same machine, I have full write access to it.

The NFS server is 4... I have tried to force it to NFS 3 only but didnt work either.

Any ideas?
Maybe start a new thread rather than reply to one not related?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS issues continue with Gotham beta 20