OpenElec & Advancedsettings.xml
I am at a roadblock or confused on how this is supposed to be set up.

My current set up is a intel Nuc (D34010WYK), and currently I have an UNRAID server set up for my media files and another PC that has mediabrowser-server on it for when I am away from the house.

Normally MB3 will create some folders and have them hidden on a windows machine but on a UNRAID server they are not hidden. Ex: Backdrops

I made an "advancedsettings.xml" file
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>backdrops</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

I got the following xml file work with xbmc installed on a windows machine.

BUT

I cannot get it to work on OPENelec, and yes it is installed on the userdata folder, (copied and pasted through the network).

I need to know what i am doing wrong.
Debug Log will tell
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
XBMC advanced settings to be working now but i got another problem and that samba shares dissappear.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=159297
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=159313
Quote:21:32:18 T:140195455067968 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>backdrops</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

all there. Make sure your OE waits until network is up concerning the samba shares, it's a menu setting.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
You said the directory is called Backdrops but your regex is backdrops... you know Linux is case-sensitive?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenElec & Advancedsettings.xml0