XBMC crashes after several days of inactivity
I leave XBMC running all the time on my Ubuntu machine. Very often, when I turn on the TV after a few days of not using XBMC, it will crash the first time I play any video file. So the timeline goes like this:
  • Watch something in XBMC
  • Wait a few days
  • Browse the interface, this works fine
  • Play a video
  • Crash
  • Relaunch XBMC
  • Sorry, the problem "xbmc.bin" closed unexpectedly. Your computer does not have enough free memory to automatically analyze the problem and send a report to the developers.
  • Sound doesn't work
  • Quit XBMC
  • Relaunch XBMC
  • Now it works fine

Here is a log from the crash: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=159424
Here is a log from after the crash: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=159425
We are in beta stage for Gotham v13. Version 12.3 is not cared nor developed anymore. Please upgrade your system and see if problem still exists.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Gotham is barely in BETA...are you really saying that nobody cares about any previous version of XBMC? I'm sure the thousands of people who are still running a version of Frodo (and earlier) would disagree with you.
@GeorgeStark that was kind of my feeling too. But I suppose since XBMC is a non-profit project, there aren't enough development resources/time to support two versions at once. So with that, I will reluctantly upgrade to Gotham beta.
(2014-03-28, 19:30)GeorgeStark Wrote: Gotham is barely in BETA...are you really saying that nobody cares about any previous version of XBMC? I'm sure the thousands of people who are still running a version of Frodo (and earlier) would disagree with you.

That's what I was saying. We released 12.1, 12.2 and 12.3 and that will be (as of current planning) the end of the 12 series.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes after several days of inactivity0