OS X Trouble with downloading XBMC
Sad 
My imac computer is OSX 10.9.2 , 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5.
Having downloaded xbmc gotham 13 a few weeks ago, I changed my mind as had a few problems & deleted it (everything on my mac) as I wanted to download Frodo 12.3 instead & start again. I did this but each time it came to installing Frodo & moving it to applications the only icon that came up was the Gotham black on instead of the yellow Frodo 12.3 which showed on my desktop after downloading. Its as though it will not let me install Frodo. I made sure everything xbmc was put in trash including all folders etc first. Im at my wits end, can anyone help me hereHuh tyvm
You say you deleted all xbmc folders. Does that also include the folders in your user library? The user library is hidden usually and the xbmc folders won't normally show up in searches.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
There is no yellow xbmc icon. You are refering to the yellos dmg mount icon which is unrelated to frodo or gotham.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Oh...so are you saying that although it is the yellow dmg icon on my desktop before installing & that after installing Frodo 12.3 is represented as a black logo with the arrow pointing to applications to put it in there? A couple of times I tried that & I just got gotham 13 again although that was not what I downloaded!
However I will give it another try Memphiz & let you know, thank you.

The same has just happened again, can only get Gotham 13. Don't understand as I have only downloaded Frodo 12.3!
your are clicking the wrong dmg - unmount all dmgs (in finder hit all eject buttons at the left side) and then ensure to only double click the frodo dmg
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2014-03-27, 18:34)pattinolder Wrote: The same has just happened again, can only get Gotham 13. Don't understand as I have only downloaded Frodo 12.3!
When you drag the xbmc icon to the applications folder you get a popup message that you are replacing a newer version of xbmc with an older one, and it asks you which one you want to keep. Which button do you click?

Edit: My mistake. You stated earlier that you had already deleted previous versions of the app.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi Memphiz, Didn't get back to you as internet off until today. I have deleted last download of frodo so have no dmgs & no eject buttons. If I download frodo again I click the frodo dmg (there is only one thing to click) on my desktop, & as before it will install then give me the icon for gotham to put in applications. Shall I give it one more try?

Downloaded 12.3-x86_64 dmg again but same thing happens Double click the frodo image but still puts gotham ready to go in applications folder, its like it won't let me put frodo on my computer. I even tried downloading just OSX but couldn't read that at all (that was last week after I kept having this problem) I'm dumbfounded.
Once again - there is no different icon between frodo and gotham... You can check the installed version in XBMC (highlight system and go to "system information" - you see the version in the lower right corner).
(2014-04-01, 12:10)pattinolder Wrote: Hi Memphiz, Didn't get back to you as internet off until today. I have deleted last download of frodo so have no dmgs & no eject buttons. If I download frodo again I click the frodo dmg (there is only one thing to click) on my desktop, & as before it will install then give me the icon for gotham to put in applications. Shall I give it one more try?

Downloaded 12.3-x86_64 dmg again but same thing happens Double click the frodo image but still puts gotham ready to go in applications folder, its like it won't let me put frodo on my computer. I even tried downloading just OSX but couldn't read that at all (that was last week after I kept having this problem) I'm dumbfounded.

Your terminology is confusing. When you download the installer and open it you will see a widow which contains an icon for XBMC (whichever version you downloaded) and an arrow pointing to another icon for your applications folder. Nothing has been installed yet. In order to install the XBMC software you must drag the XBMC icon to the applications folder icon. This action will install the software (whichever version you downloaded).

Once again, you must drag the XBMC icon to the Applications Folder icon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with downloading XBMC0