Option to not use the video DB
hi everyone! i'd just like to promote a wish to directly execute videos by entering it's folder.
i have all my movies organized in folders rather than having them all in one big folder.
i know the movie database is a subject to change but i really hope that a dev finds this appealing Smile

anyway, keep up the good work!
i also would really love this. if there is one file or multiple that are stacked into one to just play it. this would be great.

:kickass:
already able, change view to files
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
nope feature isnt in cvs..... auto play file in folder if only one playable item. i think thats whats ment
hit play on a folder. it'll queue up and play all items in the folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
would be nice if it would make a folder apear like a file if it only has one playble option in it. that way if you have movies in folders with folder.jpgs it would act the same as movies with no folders.
yeah bp, that's really the essence of what i meant!
why put it in a folder at all if its just one file. multiple files i can kinda understands but you can queue or play a folders contents.without entering the folder.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i've also got subtitles in the same folder as the movie.
it's just more organized that way.
and if the database gets a upgrade i still hope to be able to use folders.
it's much more flexible if you copy files off/on to you xbox, as you don't have to look for the different files laying around.
but if you've only got one file i see your point!
so the folder would be like a new movie container format?

which can optionally contian:
the movie, in avi/mpeg or other supported formats
subs in various formats idx/sub, srt, rared vobsubs...
imdb url in an nfo file so that you'd always get the correct info
thumbnail image
and would treat stacked videos as one.

sounds pretty cool to me.

what's the downside?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to not use the video DB0