Anyway to shut off gesture commands with TV out?
So with the release of btc - mouse and keyboard, I can finally use a mouse with my iPhone 4s that is connected to my TV.

The only problem is, when I connect the phone to the TV, the screen on the iPhone is blanked out with the gesture screen.

Since that happens, I lose my mouse icon.

So the question is, can I just have the screen on the 4s show what is mirrored to the TV? This will allow for the mouse cursor to work.

As an aside, the mouse cursor works. If I click on it, it clicks on something. But since you don't see the cursor on screen you have no idea how to know where you are clicking.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I think the real issue is getting the virtual mouse curser to show up on the second display. Otherwise you have to make XBMC use the internal display and mirror, which will give you black bars around the video output.
Yup, I guess so. I was actually hoping it would be easier then that. So would this be considered an enhancement request?
I'm not sure, to be honest. I think to get what you really want, the mouse to show up on the externally connected TV, might require support from BTC. XBMC is unique in that we're probably the only iOS app that uses a second non-mirroring screen with controls on both screens. Normally, anything you would want to interact with is on the internal screen, so maybe BTC just didn't consider allowing the virtual mouse cursor on the external screen.

It might also be possible to do this using a 3rd party video out tweak, like DisplayOut. Allowing mirroring without the bars. As long as XBMC thinks there is only one display then XBMC should be happy.

I've been curious about this myself, so I'll also try out some different combinations tonight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyway to shut off gesture commands with TV out?0