Is the Acer AspireRevo the best upgrade from Apple tv 2
(2014-03-31, 09:30)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-03-30, 13:33)xbs08 Wrote: You don't need a HDD, you can install OpenELEC to a USB flash drive.

Unfortunately OpenELEC has recently (since OE4 Beta 3) become a poor choice if you are booting from removable media such as USB or SD and hope to be able to suspend/resume the PC - this is no longer supported.

There's no way a bug like that will be left untouched. That's too huge.
(2014-03-31, 09:43)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-03-31, 09:30)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-03-30, 13:33)xbs08 Wrote: You don't need a HDD, you can install OpenELEC to a USB flash drive.

Unfortunately OpenELEC has recently (since OE4 Beta 3) become a poor choice if you are booting from removable media such as USB or SD and hope to be able to suspend/resume the PC - this is no longer supported.

There's no way a bug like that will be left untouched. That's too huge.

It's not even a bug, it's by design and there's not even a way to re-enable for those people where it was working fine before. Bizarre decision really. I'm just grateful I'm not affected (as I now boot my Revo 3700 from HDD although I previously used USB just fine) or I'd be really pissed (and most likely looking at alternatives to OpenELEC).

Hopefully the developers will see sense and back down by offering an option to re-enable suspend for those that didn't have a problem in the first place.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
stefansaraev Wrote:whats the problem here?

an informed user could do:

cat > /storage/.config/autostart.sh << EOF
#!/bin/sh
rm /dev/.suspend_disabled
EOF
so. why so much nonsense spam in my mailbox ?

I'm not sure why he originally said there wouldn't be a workaround on the OpenELEC forum (here), but I guess this should make everyone happy again?
Yep, thanks for teasing that solution into the open, Ned.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I live in Australia so the prices of things are highly elevated
I'm well aware of the suspend USB issue as it never worked for me.
After suspend can't access shares and USB gets double mounted.
Restart xbmc doesn't fix it and need to reboot... odd thing is I can access shares in filemode :O

If you're OK with a 28 sec boot (DN2820+USB3.0) you can ditch the HDD for a cheaper USB flash drive or you could leave the NUC always on "RPi like" Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2014-03-31, 08:30)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-03-29, 12:03)SpruceyB Wrote:
(2014-03-29, 11:59)teeshapie Wrote: Do I need to add other things to the Intel NUC's like memory, ram and hdd.

Or is that price the price for everything??

You will need to add RAM & HDD. So looking at least another $60

That's why I like new Amlogic based boxes.

$60?! what kind of gold plated RAM are you buying?!

$20 at most to get up and running. Assuming you already have a NAS or external USB drive for the actual media files.

$30 for 1x4GB DDR3 and about $30 for a HDD.

The guy is upgrading from AppleTV so assuming he'd have to get both.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is the Acer AspireRevo the best upgrade from Apple tv 20