[RELEASE] LazyTV

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Karnagious Offline
Fan
Thanks! It is always nice to get feedback. And even nicer when the feedback is niceBig Grin

Hmm, that bug is odd. The episodes arent randomised after being added to the playlist, they are simply added in a random order, but episode from the same show cant be added out of play order. I wonder, is there some option in xbmc to play playlists in a random order?

The prompt is disabled for the random player by default. But I think the current live version has an option to "Permit prompt in LazyTV Random Play".

The way it works is that once you finish a program, if LazyTV can find the next one in order, it will show a prompt to ask if you want to watch that now. If you use the GUI option instead, it should show up.

Otherwise send me your settings.xml from userdata/addon_data/script.lazytv and I can try and figure out what it going on.

Thanks again!

(2014-10-30 20:34)arithine Wrote:  Love this addon. I have multiple channels in PseudoTV which sprinkle in episodes from the LiveTV smart playlist every couple of episodes, that way those shows only ever show up with the earliest episode I haven't seen and all the other shows work like normal (being shows I don't care are viewed out of order).

Thanks to you too! This use-case is excellent to hear.
(This post was last modified: 2014-11-26 12:51 by Karnagious.)
find quote
zsleaf Offline
You're right, there is a shuffle playlist option which was shuffling after the playlist was generated... A complete oversight by me. Thanks. I also really like the cloning feature, I have several different channels going on.

I'm going to download the new version and give that a shot. I still haven't been able to get either the "notify if previous episode is available" or the "next available episode" options to work in this one. While I don't actually plan on using them, it'd be cool to figure out why.

Also, I was thinking of ways to make the "next available episode" feature more intuitive as I imagine the pop-up screen after each episode would become intrusive. Would it be possible to bind a key to a command to preload the next episode while you're watching rather than waiting for a prompt?

EDIT:

So I just updated to the legacy zip, I'm am not having any luck with the pop-ups. I also tried installing master but I wasn't able to get that to work at all. Which version is the "current" version?
(This post was last modified: 2014-11-28 07:37 by zsleaf.)
find quote
Karnagious Offline
Fan
Legacy is the one you want. That should be the one you will find on the official kodi repo. (I am not a natural talent when it comes to version control and I didnt realise I was updating Master with my test code for months!)

The setting "Permit prompt in LazyTV Random Play" isnt showing up in this settings.xml. Maybe if you toggle it on and off that will force kodi to add it.

Would you also be able to provide the log file covering the time when the next prompt is supposed to show up? You can just drop it into pastebin and send me the link via private message.
find quote
zsleaf Offline
That was my pre-update settings. Even with the legacy version with "Permit prompt in Random Play" selected it still isn't working. Where's the log file located?
find quote
Karnagious Offline
Fan
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#Location

You will need to switch on logging in the LazyTV settings as well.

The file can get quite large, so i would recommend remembering to switch off logging when you have what you need.
find quote
zsleaf Offline
Okay, it's working! It requires restarting xbmc and some patience, something I guess I didn't try before... Some really weird things can happen before a reset.

One thing I'd like to point out, if you select "no" the first time when asked to play the next episode, you won't be prompted again.

Here's the log file if that helps: http://pastebin.com/BdVH5mwA

Thanks a lot for your help, it's a cool add-on and I'll do anything to make it better.
(This post was last modified: 2014-11-28 07:33 by zsleaf.)
find quote
Karnagious Offline
Fan
There is a script error in the log, but I am not sure why it is occurring just yet. I will have to examine the code in more detail.
find quote
Diskotechjam Offline
Great Addon!

I've got a question though. When I start LazyTV I have it set up to prompt a smart playlist suggestion, but when it loads it only includes unwatched episodes. Is it possible to include watched episodes as well? I like having the option of limiting to unwatched, but sometimes I like to rewatch episodes as well without having to go back and toggle the watch status. Sorry if I over looked a setting, I've been messing around with it for a little bit now and my have overlooked a feature.

thanks again
find quote