Can raspberry PI play old DIVX3 SD movies?
Hi:

SORRY for this post, but in some forums I can read that RPI play DIVX3 by software and other can´t.

I have a lot of video files (almost 18 TB), old video files have DIVX3 codec but all of them are SD or less. Can the RPI play this content using software decoding? If this is true, in wich flavor? (Raspbmc,openelec, etc)

THANKS AGAIN, probably this was answered but I can find a coherent answer
Yes. Use latest milhouse (openelec) or miappa (raspbmc) build.
You can context menu then play using dvdplayer.

Software decode of divx3 works fine as SD resolutions.
THANKS A LOT!!!!! Any script to automatize this? 60% of time XBMC it´s used by my 6 and 3 years old sons (yes, XBMC it´s wonderfull!) to view children movies and this is the most common DIVX3 codec (old time children movies and cartoon) . THANKS AGAIN!
Just make dvdplayer the default in advancedsettings.xml, instructions are in the release posts.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks MilHouseVH, dvdplayer have video hardware acceleration to use for all content? THANKS

(Please, sorry for bother you with this stupid questions, it´s my first Pi :-) )
(2014-03-31, 21:59)Tarloth Wrote: Thanks MilHouseVH, dvdplayer have video hardware acceleration to use for all content? THANKS

Yes dvdplayer has hardware acceleration. It's not quite as efficient as omxplayer, but is likely to play most content.
Thumbs Up 
THANKS!!!!!
Cool
(2014-03-29, 16:46)popcornmix Wrote: Yes. Use latest milhouse (openelec) or miappa (raspbmc) build.
You can context menu then play using dvdplayer.

Software decode of divx3 works fine as SD resolutions.
Brilliant! Somehow I had not noticed the context menu option. Smile

I have a handful of Divx3 encoded SD files which can't be replaced with better encoded versions - they're mainly things like out-take/gag reels, unreleased pilots of shows that were never officially aired etc...

I tried making dvdplayer the default player but even on current builds it just doesn't play some HD stuff very well compared to omxplayer - stuttering, pausing, etc on high bitrate files where omxplayer is flawless so I had to switch back. Knowing I can play individual files using dvdplayer from the context menu is very good to know.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
I buy the raspberry two days ago, put a 4x 4gb Sony SD, write 3.95.3 image to SD and power on....

EVERYTHING WORKS OK!

All video files, inclding old XVID and DIVX3 work!

THANKS! I play with config.txt but this board it´s amazing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can raspberry PI play old DIVX3 SD movies?0