OS X XBMC 13 Beta - Very good with Snow!
(2014-03-30, 18:02)superyo Wrote: It is a shame that Apple still does not offer management audioHD + 23,976 Hz native!
Can one of the devs confirm or deny whether 24Hz output is possible on a Mac ?

I haven't yet had a chance to try my Mac Mini on an actual HDMI TV - so far I've only used it on a PC monitor (which doesn't support <60Hz) and an SD (composite) TV fixed at 50Hz.

I've got used to the Raspberry Pi switching refresh rate on the fly on an HDMI TV in the lounge including 24Hz support. When we move house the two will probably be swapped over with the Mac going on the main TV - but not if it doesn't support switching refresh rates on the fly including 24Hz! Sad Anyone had refresh rate switching working on a Mac including 24Hz ?

If 24Hz isn't an available mode is there some way to hack the display preferences to add it ? (I'm sure I remember a mac app that could "create" custom display modes but I can't remember its name)

PS I'm referring to Mac OS 10.6.8.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
(2014-04-28, 16:04)DBMandrake Wrote:
(2014-03-30, 18:02)superyo Wrote: It is a shame that Apple still does not offer management audioHD + 23,976 Hz native!

I haven't yet had a chance to try my Mac Mini on an actual HDMI TV - so far I've only used it on a PC monitor (which doesn't support <60Hz) and an SD (composite) TV fixed at 50Hz.

I've got used to the Raspberry Pi switching refresh rate on the fly on an HDMI TV in the lounge including 24Hz support. When we move house the two will probably be swapped over with the Mac going on the main TV - but not if it doesn't support switching refresh rates on the fly including 24Hz! Sad Anyone had refresh rate switching working on a Mac including 24Hz ?

If 24Hz isn't an available mode is there some way to hack the display preferences to add it ? (I'm sure I remember a mac app that could "create" custom display modes but I can't remember its name)

It is ok to 24hz on a Mac.
On the 23,976 Hz: it is not supported!
Try SwitchResX - I think there is one other but can't remember the name of it

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=143421
(2014-04-30, 12:00)Gigantur Wrote: Try SwitchResX - I think there is one other but can't remember the name of it

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=143421

Thank you Wink
I know this solution. The most regrettable is that one is forced to pay for software management.

thank you Apple! Confused
(2014-04-28, 19:20)superyo Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 16:04)DBMandrake Wrote:

It is ok to 24hz on a Mac.
On the 23,976 Hz: it is not supported!
Not sure that I understand the difference between 24Hz and 23.976Hz - as far as I can see there is no discrete HDMI mode for 23.976 - only one for 24Hz, so how would the Mac generate a 23.976Hz refresh rate ? Or does it just play it at 24Hz and drop one frame in every 1000 ?
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13 Beta - Very good with Snow!0