Forum automation tools to be used ?
I saw there was a test the other day from a admin testing pattern and words in a warning system is this to be deployed in the future to combat people from mentioning "addons from the darkside" ?

still think its funny that some addons cant be mentions before admins freakout and then there are those addons that are directly linking piracy without any issues. i know i been on this subject before but i still think its hypocritical to ban some and not the other.
We will be hypocritical in the way we see fit. It's our forum and our decision. It's not a democracy (except for team members) Think what you want of it as it won't change anything.
And if this ends up to be another bikeshedding thread it will end up in the trash as well
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn still if you take the time to make a piracy draft and then deploying it why not do it proper? (thats were i see you guys fail and giving mixed messages about piracy)
What's the purpose of your post? Did you like what was being tested and want it deployed?

(Note: I have no idea what was being tested, but one presumes it was a warning based on post content - I see no problem with that).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

There's not really any issue with mixed messages. It's more of an issue of lots of new users who haven't seen any message/rules before posting.

As far as I can tell, there is no automated tool being used or tested. There is a new "reply, close, and move to trash" option that was being tested, but it is manually used by forum mods and is not automated.

"bikeshedding" isn't a rule violation in itself. Any thread that follows the rules and is non-disruptive is fine, even if it annoys some people. Pew pew lasers.
Yellow.

It should be yellow.
http://bikeshed.com/ (incidentally, it was indeed yellow for me!)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yellow on a RGB screen ... interesting, though that link was random colors - oh gosh that purple makes eyes hurt after 5 seconds though.
@jmarshall I was testing a (now in place - check the bottom right moderation tools pulldown) automation that makes it much less manual work for moderators to move first time posters of disallowed stuff to the garbage bin, automatically add a reply and such.
Here is an example: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=190930

There is no pattern or word filter in it, not possible either so I don't know where OP got that.

OP, In case you think some threads or posts on our forum are (or have become) against our own piracy policy feel free to report them and we'll check and consider them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum automation tools to be used ?0