Linux Use different backend and database servers
Shocked 
Hello!

I have setup MythTV-Backend on my Ubuntu server to connect to my MySQL database on yet another Ubuntu Server. It's all working great EXCEPT for connecting to it from XBMC!

(Versions: Ubuntu 13.10; MtyhTV [default Ubuntu package], XBMC 13.0 Beta 3; cmyth 1.9.15)

XBMC only has one field for "MythTV Backend Hostname or IP" server, so I can either pick my backend or my database server, but that just won't work.

Is there a way to specify different servers? I really don't want to run a MySQL server on my Media server as it is already doing too much. I have a separate MySQL server for a reason!

I am not *completely* opposed to somehow setting up an IP proxy for the database on the media server, although I'm not entirely sure how to do that.

Surely, there HAS TO be a way!

FYI: I looked around for info on this and there were hints as to how to proceed, but they were all old and seemingly outdated threads and they almost all ended up being some other sort of issue or didn't have a resolution posted...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!
The frontend should only need to know the database server (along with mysql port, user and password), every other setting including backend server address and port is in the database.

Quite how it is done in XBMC is a mystery to me sorry.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Can be achieved by an advanced setting in the addon's settings.xml.
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR...TV#General
(2014-04-02, 07:31)nickr Wrote: The frontend should only need to know the database server (along with mysql port, user and password), every other setting including backend server address and port is in the database.

That wasn't working. I don't remember the error I was getting, but it was something about waitint for the stream or something...

(2014-04-02, 08:28)cfetzer Wrote: Can be achieved by an advanced setting in the addon's settings.xml.
See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR...TV#General

Thanks! That looks PERFECT! Unfortunately, I had *some* extra time so I ended up setting up "mysql-proxy" and having my backend machine forward databasse requests to the DB machine. It was complicated as hell and took me over an hour to figure out all the details, but it is actually working!!

I will try as this post suggests and turn off the "mysql-proxy" in the near future and report back on my results. For now, my OpenELEC-RaspberryPI clients have no picture when watching Live TV, only sound... I'm going to figure that out and come back to this.

Thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use different backend and database servers0