Request- MSN, What I'm Listening too
sorry about the late-ness, but ive had exams.

this is basically a copy of the post i made on xbox-scene.

i modified the xbmc control program, so that it would only add the now playing info to msn messenger.
all credit goes to the creator - nad i think. all i have really done is manipualted some strings and added the msn messenger part. so thank him for allowing these http calls to be made in vb6.
original source
when i searched for a program like this, i found a program to take screenshots, and control xbmc, but i only wanted to display now playing info. the program i found also meant you had to keep the program open, something which i hate with programs, as it also hogs some memory.

anyway. here's the link.

download

you configure it via the config.cfg (surprisingly), just put in your xbox ip. i was gonna take it from the hosts file, but realised not everyone configures that.

known bugs:

--if you turn off the xbox with the program still running, it will constantly show that song in your now playing box.
--you cant turn the program off (unless you end the process)

please tell me if you find any other bugs (im sure you will), but i cant garantee that i'll release an update very soon.
i would add a screenshot, but im pretty sure you all know what the now playing thing looks like in msn messenger.
enjoy.

-----jax-----

update: as some-one requested that i add a feature to turn off the ability to tell people what videos your watching (cant think why Confusedhifty: ), i have allowed you to do this via the config file, by changing the "video = true" line to "video = false" (without quotes)
wow! thank you, this great but two things, how about web server port and password support? i have others on my network and they like to play around  :hmm:

Jaxter25 Wrote:sorry about the late-ness, but ive had exams.

this is basically a copy of the post i made on xbox-scene.

i modified the xbmc control program, so that it would only add the now playing info to msn messenger.
all credit goes to the creator - nad i think. all i have really done is manipualted some strings and added the msn messenger part. so thank him for allowing these http calls to be made in vb6.
original source
when i searched for a program like this, i found a program to take screenshots, and control xbmc, but i only wanted to display now playing info. the program i found also meant you had to keep the program open, something which i hate with programs, as it also hogs some memory.

anyway. here's the link.

download

you configure it via the config.cfg (surprisingly), just put in your xbox ip. i was gonna take it from the hosts file, but realised not everyone configures that.

known bugs:

--if you turn off the xbox with the program still running, it will constantly show that song in your now playing box.
--you cant turn the program off (unless you end the process)

please tell me if you find any other bugs (im sure you will), but i cant garantee that i'll release an update very soon.
i would add a screenshot, but im pretty sure you all know what the now playing thing looks like in msn messenger.
enjoy.

-----jax-----

update: as some-one requested that i add a feature to turn off the ability to tell people what videos your watching (cant think why Confusedhifty: ), i have allowed you to do this via the config file, by changing the "video = true" line to "video = false" (without quotes)

can i get that file 2
Old thread.. but I did search Wink has anybody or rather can anybody mod this to work with Yahoo?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request- MSN, What I'm Listening too0