HTPC HELP
Hello all Smile

I'm moving to a new home soon and I am thinking of owning an HTPC (no tv) .. and I need some guidance re: hardware
I think I'm going to buy these as hardware:
- Antec ISK 300-150 Case with Noctua NF-R8 PWM Fan (i'm not sure about the fan as I want to keep the costs low)
- AMD A6-6400K CPU
- Noctua NH-L9 cooler (depending on cost)
- Gigabyte FM2 mini-ITX motherboard
- Kingston HyperX Blu 2Gb Ram
- 120Gb SSD

OR
ZOTAC Intel Atom D2550 1.86 GHz Dual-Core WiFi Supreme with the same SSD

OS is going to be the OpenELEC.

I need help choosing a TVTuner ... I live in Malta and I'm not sure that all Tv Tuners are compatible... I looked at this: Kworld Dual DVB-T PCI TV Card it's available here in Malta, looks pretty decent but 1. I'm not sure if it will fit in the case and 2. I couldn't find any good reviews on it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
(2014-04-04, 19:53)micina90 Wrote: ZOTAC Intel Atom D2550 1.86 GHz Dual-Core WiFi Supreme with the same SSD

If you decide to go with the Zotac, here is a video showing the general performance with the Atom D2550 combined with NVIDIA GeForce GT 610:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds1NkMXNF1M

Ted
My blog
(2014-04-05, 16:45)heyted Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 19:53)micina90 Wrote: ZOTAC Intel Atom D2550 1.86 GHz Dual-Core WiFi Supreme with the same SSD

If you decide to go with the Zotac, here is a video showing the general performance with the Atom D2550 combined with NVIDIA GeForce GT 610:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds1NkMXNF1M

For me that's fast enough Smile I ain't playing any games or anything... just watch movies etc... So I guess I'm going with the Zotac Smile Thanks!
I am going to be changing case to -> Cooler Master Elite 130 .. I have the coolermaster sniper edition as my PC and I just can't get enough of their cases ... plus it's a microATX so it's a bit bigger which is better for me as I might upgrade some stuff their and here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC HELP1