• 70(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
(2014-09-27, 04:36)Unfledged Wrote: Scroll down.

If I were to lay a criticism at reFocus - and I am loath to do so because Jeroen is the only Skinner I know that puts such attention on the overall vision AND specific details - often when there are more options available in this skin, as here, it isn't always immediately obvious.

(Indeed, one area where I believe Kodi is lacking is differentiating between between video nodes and parent video nodes. As regards Skin Shortcuts - parent video nodes are appended with ">" and can contain video nodes. Video nodes have no appendage, and represent library views. (I would suggest, Team XBMC need to better define the difference themselves Wink)

(In the future I'll be recommending the script in my signature - but until Team Kodi better define nodes/custom nodes, and I program for such nodes, it's probably not worth it Smile

I added menu items for episodes and movies. Both do the exact same thing when I select them. See this image: Image

From there I can drill down into my library. Is this the correct behavior?
(2014-09-27, 04:57)cu_shane Wrote:
(2014-09-27, 04:36)Unfledged Wrote: Scroll down.

If I were to lay a criticism at reFocus - and I am loath to do so because Jeroen is the only Skinner I know that puts such attention on the overall vision AND specific details - often when there are more options available in this skin, as here, it isn't always immediately obvious.

(Indeed, one area where I believe Kodi is lacking is differentiating between between video nodes and parent video nodes. As regards Skin Shortcuts - parent video nodes are appended with ">" and can contain video nodes. Video nodes have no appendage, and represent library views. (I would suggest, Team XBMC need to better define the difference themselves Wink)

(In the future I'll be recommending the script in my signature - but until Team Kodi better define nodes/custom nodes, and I program for such nodes, it's probably not worth it Smile

I added menu items for episodes and movies. Both do the exact same thing when I select them. See this image: Image

From there I can drill down into my library. Is this the correct behavior?

Not even close Smile

Episodes Watchlist should take you to a list of unwatched episodes - depending on the settings of the script, either the first unwatched of an in-progress series, or the next episode of an in-progress series, or the first unwatched of any given series. Movies Watchlist should take you to a list of partially watched movies,

I particularly asked you to remove any files from %appdata%/addons/Packages because there was previously (XBMC/Kodi Eden and earlier) an script.watchlist which worked quite differently from the Frodo/Gotham/Helix version used by reFocus - the original version provided widgets for main menu items, the new version provides specific library views. As it is, your script.watchlist DOESN'T appear to provide the library views the modern version would provide. Which would suggest (along with the xbmc.python version issue) that you still have the old version installed (or referenced in your /Packages/ folder). It's not an easy thing to diagnose, though. And the important thing, once you remove the links to the 'modern' script.watchlist, it that you have a working skin Smile
(2014-09-27, 05:08)Unfledged Wrote: Not even close Smile

Episodes Watchlist should take you to a list of unwatched episodes - depending on the settings of the script, either the first unwatched of an in-progress series, or the next episode of an in-progress series, or the first unwatched of any given series. Movies Watchlist should take you to a list of partially watched movies,

I particularly asked you to remove any files from %appdata%/addons/Packages because there was previously (XBMC/Kodi Eden and earlier) an script.watchlist which worked quite differently from the Frodo/Gotham/Helix version used by reFocus - the original version provided widgets for main menu items, the new version provides specific library views. As it is, your script.watchlist DOESN'T appear to provide the library views the modern version would provide. Which would suggest (along with the xbmc.python version issue) that you still have the old version installed (or referenced in your /Packages/ folder). It's not an easy thing to diagnose, though. And the important thing, once you remove the links to the 'modern' script.watchlist, it that you have a working skin Smile

Ah, well I don't know were it could be hiding. I cleaned out the packages folder and deleted the old watchlist script folder before reinstalling the one you linked. Oh, well. It sounds like I would benefit from a fresh install so perhaps I'll delete the entire xmbc folder and start over.
Seriously, just go down. The normally available options in "Video Library >" (on reFocus)...

"Movies >"
"Tv Shows >"
"Music Videos >"
"Playlist >"
"Sources >"
"Files"
"Watchlist (TV Shows)"
"Watchlist (Movies)"
"Recently Added (TV Shows)"...

And half a dozen more. BUT, reFocus can only display six at a time in a select dialog, so you need to go down - past the last visible item - to see the rest.

Absolutely no need for a fresh install. Don't waste your time. Your problem isn't an install problem, its that you haven't pressed 'Down' enough times.
(2014-09-27, 05:18)Unfledged Wrote: Seriously, just go down. The normally available options in "Video Library >" (on reFocus)...

"Movies >"
"Tv Shows >"
"Music Videos >"
"Playlist >"
"Sources >"
"Files"
"Watchlist (TV Shows)"
"Watchlist (Movies)"

And half a dozen more. BUT, reFocus can only display six at a time in a select dialog, so you need to go down - past the last visible item - to see the rest.

Absolutely no need for a fresh install. Don't waste your time. Your problem isn't an install problem, its that you haven't pressed 'Down' enough times.

I'm confused. I suggested a fresh install because watchlist isn't working correctly and because I had to install this skin manually for some reason. You're telling me to scroll down more. Was there a different item under Video Library> that I was supposed to select? I had set it up for the two watchlist items that you referenced.
(2014-09-27, 05:28)cu_shane Wrote:
(2014-09-27, 05:18)Unfledged Wrote: Seriously, just go down. The normally available options in "Video Library >" (on reFocus)...

"Movies >"
"Tv Shows >"
"Music Videos >"
"Playlist >"
"Sources >"
"Files"
"Watchlist (TV Shows)"
"Watchlist (Movies)"

I'm confused. I suggested a fresh install because watchlist isn't working correctly and because I had to install this skin manually for some reason. You're telling me to scroll down more. Was there a different item under Video Library> that I was supposed to select? I had set it up for the two watchlist items that you referenced.

I'm wanting to know whether the two Watchlist items you showed in your screenshot work correctly, which apparently they do NOT.

(If they DID, then there is no reason that reFocus shouldn't have installed automatically - if you followed all the instructions I provided a fresh install of the skin and script.watchlist was installed, and is now working properly.)

(If they DIDN'T, chances are you've been using XBMC/Kodi for a while, and still have a version of the old script.watchlist (provided by, I want to say, Martijn - who is an absolute idiot based on my forum interactions with him (and more), but an above average python scripter. This script provided widgets rather than library items, and would have been uninstalled had you followed my instructions - it would have been older, but almost certainly had a higher version number.).

As far as I'm aware, the last old-fashioned script.watchlist was for XMBC/Kodi Eden - before my time using and contributing to this project. To be perfectly honest, my modern script.watchlist should probably never have been accepted (except an already mentioned Team XBMC member - who can also be described as an absolute idiot - went on an unnecessary rant against it and - I suspect - accepted it because said member realised he'd gone too far) - and, when Jeroen resurfaces, I'll be working with him to rebrand it without causing any issues to users.
(2014-09-27, 00:22)Reynald Wrote: I wonder what becomes Jeroen? is he fine? Is he will coming back? he miss us our favorite skinner Smile

I'm fine Smile

Sorry (again) to be missing in action lately. I promise you I definitely am planning on further updates. I just haven't had a lot of time available lately. And when I do have a little time, it's not enough to "get in the flow" of it all.

And in about a month I will have no time at all as I will be leaving to travel New Zealand and Fiji for 5,5 weeks Smile

I really hope I can put out a maintenance / Kodi / Helix update before I leave.

Thank you all for your continued interest in and support of reFocus !

(2014-09-27, 00:33)Unfledged Wrote: it's a rare thing in a skinner to deliver such a clear vision with such amazing (almost OCD Wink) attention to detail Smile.

Oh, it's definitely OCD Wink
Safe travel and have a good time ! Smile
reFocus - Simply the best
Thank you for giving of your news! I'm glad you're okay! Take you and your loved ones!
Thank you! I hope you enjoy and have a safe travel,

and I even more hope that you'll get a chance to release a Helix-compatible version before you go Smile
First, this is an amazing skin, great quality overall and simple to use for everyone.

One minor thing that perhaps you can add in the next release is to add a fullscreen option for Music when you play on a song/album. My family uses this and it would be nice to have the OCD and controls/time/tracklist info when playing music instead of having to search for it with another button or fullscreen player shortcut.

Thanks!
Really love simplicity and flatness of the skin. Only thing missing is as well some kind of progress bar time on main screen while playing music.

So far I'm liking this latest version of the skin. The only thing that bugs me a little is that, unless I'm missing it, there is no longer an option to have the strip at the bottom on the homescreen that shows library information - i.e. when you scroll to movies it lists newly added movies, when you scroll to videos it shows number of movies and number unwatched etc.

Has this been removed from the previous incarnation of this skin or is there a setting somewhere I need to tick?

Thanks
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

I've noticed that when the latest movies added or TV added widgets are active the clock is not visible.

Is the clock disabled or is it a layering issue ie the clock is rendered in a layer below the widget layer?

Love the screen.
Hello. Thank you for your skin. Is There anyway to have the menu box ie the one showing
the play, stop, etc t appear in the top of the screen instead of the middle, although what i would really like is an option for it not to appear. Actually, I was originally going to ask you how to get the menu for audio files until I guessed that it just be the letter M.
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14