Lyrics3v2 (Lyrics3 2.00) ID3 tag support - display lyrics from MP3 ID3 tags
source code xbox/id3tag.cpp & h

have a look
i am very new to xbmc and xbox modding and currently i don't build from source code (don't have the xdk). i just installed xbmc this week.

anyway, took a look at the sourceforge cvs branch of the files you mentioned and tried the following and ofcourse it did not work.

i have added the following snippet in the right place in the musicoverlay.xml file:

$info[musicplayer.usertext(composer)

i guessed getusertext() is the method to fetch custom tags info from the object.

media files i am using are wma. and i noticed tagloader classes for each file type. and apparently musicinfotagloaderwma.cpp is not loading any of my custom tags.

i know i am trying to hack my way through without deeper understanding and that is the problem. by pointing me at the source code, are you suggesting that what i wanted can't be done or you know it can be done?

appreciate any pointers.

thanks
sri
ok, lets try this...

1. what are you trying to display.
2. how/where are you trying to display it.
3. what version of id3 are you using in your files?

Quote:1. what are you trying to display.

i have wma files encoded with the tags info: "composer" and "writer" (lyrics writer). i want to display these two pieces of info. windows media player displays these nicely.

Quote:2. how/where are you trying to display it.

using the default pm skin, i see there are 3 areas where song osd info is displayed.

a) scrolling mini osd on the left bottom of the screen
b) medium osd displayed along with the visualization on the right and regular menu on the left.
c) full screen visualization along witht osd info on the bottom.
i believe osd source for b) and c) are the same. i could be wrong.

i started with the item a) from above and i figured the musicoverlay.xml file under the "skin/project mayhem iii/pal (and pal 16x9)" dirs is responsible for this mini osd.

i noticed the following section in the xml file is responsible for this mini osd display:
Quote:<control>
     <description>album/artist/genre etc info label</description>
<label>$info[musicplayer.artist]$info[musicplayer.title, | ]$info[musicplayer.album, | ]$info[musicplayer.year, | ]</label>

so, i am manipulating the above $info bits to display different pieces of tag information about the playing clip. but unfortunately it seems the tags i needed are not exposed as attributes by the musicplayer object.

Quote:3. what version of id3 are you using in your files?
i could be wrong but i think wma has it's own tag format and not id3? but anyway, my tags are encoded using the windows media player for the wma content.

thanks for your help.
sri
ok looking at the source current supplied tags are:
comment
encodedby
genre
year
picture
bitrate
track #
offset
title
album
artist

but it shouldnt be too difficult to add the additional tags, the trick willo be adding to the database which i know nothing or less than nothing about.
yeah, that's what i figured from the source code you pointed me at and one additional method called "getusertext()" which sounded like a custom tag info retriver. but apparently it did not work out. seems like a not too difficult code change to support additional info. i am not sure what the process is - should i enter an enhancement request formally somewhere?

thanks for all your help hr.

sri
Hi guys,

I've read about some scripts fetching lyrics data from several webpages.
I was wondering if there is some support (a script or builtin) for getting the lyrics from the song's id3tags?
(and if no lyric is found inside the song then look on the web ...)

Regards H2Deetoo,
there is no support for this in xbmc. there may be a script however that i do not know of.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Question 
I think it would be a Great idea to include support for MiniLyrics, coding it could be a pain; however, what about reading the id3v2 synchronized lyrics right from the tag, just a thought i dont know how it looks in the tag but the .LRC files look like this:

[ar:aerosmith]
[ti:Sweet Emotion]
[00:36.66]Sweet Emotion
[00:46.48]Sweet Emotion
[00:56.23]You talk about things that nobody cares
[01:01.23]You're wearing out things that nobody wears
[01:06.17]You're calling my name but I gotta make clear
[01:11.17]I can't say baby where I'll be in a year
[01:35.05]Some Sweat Hog mama with a face like a gent
[01:39.86]Said my get up and go musta got up and went
[01:44.68]Well I got good news, she's a real good liar
[01:49.55]'Cause the backstage boogie set your pants on fire
[02:13.37]Sweet Emotion
[02:23.24]Sweet Emotion
[02:32.93]I pulled into town in a police car
[02:37.80]Your daddy said I took it just a little too far
[02:42.74]You're telling me things but your girlfriend lied
[02:47.31]You can't catch me 'cause the rabbit gone died
[02:51.62]Yes it is
[03:11.20]You stand in the front just a shakin' your
[03:15.99]I'll take you backstage, you can drink from my glass
[03:21.12]I talk about something you can sure understand
[03:25.56]'Cause a month on the road an' I'll be eating from your hand

its some pretty simple stuff. if you haven't tried it yet, MiniLyrics is by far the best lyrics program out there, it will automatically download a .lrc file from there server for whatever song you are currently playing in media player real player itunes ect. and save it to a folder and right to the tag of the mp3/wma. there server has had nearly every song iv thrown at it, and the ones it doesn't have you can easily synchronize the lyrics with the built-in editor and then upload them to the server. this would be amazing to integrate at least some of that into xbmc.

ps. i would do some work on it, except i'm moving up north and i will have limated to no internet access/crappy to no computer access.
I would love to see added support for embedded lyrics!
Synchronized lyrics are fantastic and i think it should be a standard option in XBMC instead of the Vortex. Just display the cover, the TAG information and the lyrics (synchronized).
Is there someone who could build that. Sadly i'm just no good with python.
This could be realated to either XBMC or the script itself.

The settings reflect %A - %T for searching but what I've noticed is that when the song features an additional artist (ArtistA / ArtistB) xbmc lyrics reports that the artist in not found.

So I took a song that it could find lyrics for, added the additional artist to the 'Artists' tag within media monkey, and scanned it back into XBMC and now it can't find the lyrics.

So, I was wondering what the tag alias (%A) for Album artist is within Xbmc. My album artist tags indicate only ArtistA so therefor XBMC lyrics will, once again, be able to find the lyrics for my songs that have been tagged with additional artists. The following list doesn't show an album artist alias or 'template':

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...udio_Files

I know this IS NOT the place to address python script issues, I'm just trying to correct it using a means available within XBMC. The script could be smarter in identifying the devider '/' and determining the song has multiple artists and to search the data prior to the first devider.

Though the script is at XBMClyrics.com there isn't a means to comment on it.

Thanks,
"Sometimes, the best example is a bad example."
XBMC does not yet supports the ID3 Lyrics tag, (Lyrics3v2), simple as that. The XBMClyrics python script does not use the tag, it simply downloads the lyrics for that song from the internet then caches those lyrics in an external text-file which it then displays the content of.

Feature request already exist for Lyrics3v2 support, see here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581841

That request is submitted by myself as you can see Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have submitted a patch for basic lyrics support using the USLT tag,
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581840

The patch adds the actual backend code for it, no interface to python etc as I do not know how to do that. To test it, play a song, and go to http api's getcurrentlyplaying page, and it will display the lyrics there.
xbmclyrics will read embedded lyrics from certain mp3's, if they are tagged correctly. Change the scraper. If you have your songs tagged, do NOT use filenames for artist/song.

Native support for embedded lyrics would be nice. You probably need to create an infolabel for it in GUIInfoManager.cpp. Python has access to any infolabel and skinners could then display them easily.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lyrics3v2 (Lyrics3 2.00) ID3 tag support - display lyrics from MP3 ID3 tags0