mxl-metropolis mod
I got to say I would just love to have those frames added to Metropolis and I also like in the second screenshot homescreen submenu where "animation" is highlighted I really like that Orange color with the white font. I think Metropolis already looks great but this would make it look even better!!!
If he provides the frames, I intend to add a color theme to match Smile
(2016-09-15, 01:48)jingai Wrote: If he provides the frames, I intend to add a color theme to match Smile

Cool Smile
I sent mxlance a PM but no answer yet.

Looks like he does not come around here very often like some of us do lol

I sure hope he does soon though because his frames look really sharp Smile
So I'm no artist but I can make lines, here is a recreation of what was on the screen.

You can diffuse the transparent white frame with any color you want, and flipx and flipy to meet any orientation you may want.

Here is an example:

Enjoy.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2016-09-14, 22:40)jingai Wrote: mxlance, would you mind providing the source images for the frames? I really like their look and would love to incorporate them into Metropolis.

Agreed!! I've been using Metropolis as a launch point to learn, mostly due to stability and it being a bloody good skin!

I do love the look of that frame though!! Am working on a BioShock Rapture inspired theme at the moment as well as some seasonal ones and that would go a treat!!
(2016-09-18, 06:30)MacGyver Wrote: So I'm no artist but I can make lines, here is a recreation of what was on the screen.

You can diffuse the transparent white frame with any color you want, and flipx and flipy to meet any orientation you may want.

Here is an example:

Enjoy.

Your square yellow frame line looks thinker then Maxlance's mod though. I'm not sure but I think having the line thinner perhaps would be better but then again I am not really sure lol.

Also what color theme is Maxlance using in his mod it looks very sharp looking as well. You know after looking at Maxlance mod again I think his theme has a brighter blue color looks nice.

Great job MacGyverr Smile
so sorry i have not been around lately. learning to use linux these days.
i am happy to provide and photoshop files needed. i will start on it on moday and get it to you asap.
thanks for the interest.
Thanks mxlance Smile
(2016-09-18, 13:44)gate1975mlm Wrote: Your square yellow frame line looks thinker then Maxlance's mod though. I'm not sure but I think having the line thinner perhaps would be better but then again I am not really sure lol.

Also what color theme is Maxlance using in his mod it looks very sharp looking as well. You know after looking at Maxlance mod again I think his theme has a brighter blue color looks nice.

Great job MacGyverr Smile

I wasn't making a theme, just showing that it was not impossible for someone to do based upon his screenshots.
What he made was a MOD, and so it's not a simple theme to achieve the same look. But the colors were nice and the fancy border thing was a nice touch.
I have uploaded a MXL color scheme (non-complete), and the fancy elements one would need to create a MXL-ish theme if someone had the desire and time to do so.

Just remember that to be a "theme" you can't be adding code to any xml other than the one in the color folder, you theme a skin by replacing only the graphics where they lie.

As an example, to put that fancy border on the home page you can paste it into the background image (and have it be in the wrong place on every other non-home screen), or paste it onto the frame (and have it run into graphics in other places).
So keep that in mind if someone decides to take up the challenge.

Here is an example of the MXL color scheme I uploaded. (the fancy border was added via code so not a theme)

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
This will be a theme, yes. mxlance has said he'll provide the assets to me, and I will get to it after the 3.4.0 release.
Bad news good news
I can not find the original file for this mod. However I am happy to remake them. It will take a bit longer than I planed and I will get on it later today. Should have it ready in a day or so at most.
Do you have any request?
@jingai would you prefer to PM details for this or continue any comments here?
thanks
Replying here is fine since other users may want to chime in.

The big thing I'd request is the two frame styles you had in your images.
you got it.
I had abandoned this idea, but this has got the creative ideas flowing in this direction again.
thanks
@jingai
deco frames are ready.
i made a gold,black,gray and white version of each of two styles. saved as .png
what would be the best way to get these to you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mxl-metropolis mod0