Profiles & MySQL
I have setup a MySQL database on the NAS where my videos and music is located.
I successfully added a advancedsettings.xml to one of the computers accessing the data.

Now I want to have different profiles on the computers that can each share the general database of media (meaning how the movies are called and so on) but each profile knows it's own "watched" status.

How would I do that? A user should be able to go on any of the computers and retrieve their watched status.
A master user ideally would be able to go on one computer, update the database of available movies (add new etc) and those are then updated for all users.

Is that possible? I am running Frodo 12.2
Not possible with MySQL. Not without a lot of extra work and doing some weird things.
(2014-04-07, 14:12)Ned Scott Wrote: Not possible with MySQL. Not without a lot of extra work and doing some weird things.

Ok, any other way than with MySQL to achieve this?
As far as I know, there is no way to keep track of the watch status per profile, apart from each profile having it's own complete database. That means you need to maintain the database for each profile.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
http://trakt.tv ?

Keep separate, but identical, libraries on each machine, but have each profile synch with the same profile on another machine using trakt.tv
if you want to use mysql still, check out this post (but read the earlier part of the thread for more info)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1531717

i used this exclusively for a while with 4 profiles, and it worked extremely well. kind of a pain to setup because when xbmc upgrades the db, you need to basically redo this. I have moved to using mediabrowser3 and the xbmb3c addon to sync everything as it allows me to have 1 frodo build and 3 gotham builds in my house sharing the same db/watched status, which will never work properly just using xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Profiles & MySQL0