Win Cant start latest movies
Bug 
All the movies that are downloaded recently from couchpotato wont work when i try to start them in xbmc (And in plex).

It just tries to start them and then i´m back to the movie list. This happens on almost all movies downloaded last month.

Someone knows what could be the problem? Is it a new codec or a way to get people to download codecpack with virus in it?
My friend have the same problem.

Thanks in advance
No idea, but please remove the BTC donate message in your signature per the forum rules (wiki).
Done sorry
Thanks.

For your issue can you get a debug log (wiki) of when this happens? That should tell us more about what might be going wrong.
All movies that i tried have this incomment

20:07:19 T:2196 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, smb://SYNOLOGY/_filmer/_Filmer/Divergent (2014)480/Divergent.avi

Any ideas?
If I had to guess, I would say the permissions on the SMB server aren't allowing XBMC to access the file. I've had this happen to me, where the existing folder and files worked, but new files for some reason didn't inherit the folder's permissions to be shared. What OS is the SMB server on?
XBMC is on a win7 machine and the share is on a Synology.

I can say rightaway that if you ask me to change permission on a file in synology im not so good at linux/unix so please give good instruktions.

Could it be that CouchPotato are saving them wrong?

Edit :
Tried to copy it from my nas to a computer running win 7 and run it in vlc but it wont start there either no errors just the vlc logo in the middle
I'm honestly not sure how to go about it on a Synology.
Unfortunately there are more and more fake movies out there, nothing wrong with your xbmc or plex.

If you copy them locally you will see that no player will open them. Do not know why people are doing this but I
deleted more then 50% of movies downloaded in past few months.
(2014-06-09, 11:19)Burke Wrote: Unfortunately there are more and more fake movies out there, nothing wrong with your xbmc or plex.

If you copy them locally you will see that no player will open them. Do not know why people are doing this but I
deleted more then 50% of movies downloaded in past few months.

Why the **pip** would anybody want to put out fake files? Smile

Just seems like timeconsuming for nothing Smile
Haven't got the clue Undecided

But if it were only xbmc that could not open file I would say ok, but if you can't play a file in: xbmc, vlc, kmplayer and so on... it is file nothing more. nothing less.

This problem is discussed over at couchpotato thread also, but there is no quick fix.
The very first thing you should always do in this situation is interrogate the file with MediaInfo.

That will tell you if you are dealing with an actual video file with actual video and audio streams inside it, or some other chunk of binary rubbish that is not actually a video.

From there you can decide what to do next.

This app will make it easy for you to check your files:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=181785
Thanks you all Smile

I guess there are pepole that do anything to screw with us Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant start latest movies0