• 25(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
@mivlives - works a treat, thanks

UPDATE - No, it seems the correct date was coincidence. I am still getting :
"Command '"./S94tofu-pre"'
failed with return code 126 and error message
-sh: ./S94tofu-pre: Permission denied.
With external USERDATA. The script executes correctly from "userdata.internal/.kodi" Confused

Placing the 'S94tofu-pre' script as '/etc/default/S93tofu-pre' seems (at least initially) to have dealt with the problem of kodi not picking up the correct time at start-up, so the need for me to run a script from the userdata folder to do so is eliminated.
From what I can tell, scripts still do not seem to have correct privileges to run from external USB USERDATA, which might be an issue at some time.

So, with a few Bandaids applied, it's working good Laugh
Thanks again Wink
(2015-08-11, 02:11)mivlives Wrote: @Poida - This build should fix the scripts running with external userdata; please download and report back

Download - M3_TOFU_081015_POIDA.zip

Great.

Thansk a lot for bring back to live my old atv100 (rebranded). But I need some help, wifi does not work at all (neither the usb ethernet adapter), wifi chipset is rt3070sta, I have the module compiled for android (same kernel version) but I don know how to insert it in this rom (maybe it does not work).
Can anybody make a ROM version with this module included, and usb ethernet adapter? I'll appreciate a lot, because no idea how to build it for myself.

Thanks anyway
Further playing with " M3_TOFU_081015_POIDA.zip", reveals another issue with the external USERDATA :

I am unable to use an SD card for this purpose, as it re-runs the 'Copying Files' routine during each boot.

Investigations continue. . .
(2015-01-18, 06:40)mivlives Wrote: Please try this build if you are getting an error with formatting...

Download: M3_HELIX_011015_FF.zip

If coming from Frodo or Gotham, please perform a wipe data\factory reset in recovery before flashing!

mivlives

This build works great on my G-Box Midnight 2.0. Do you have a updated version? My ethernet isn't working on your latest build (8/10/15).
(2015-08-25, 03:33)Sam3gX Wrote:
(2015-01-18, 06:40)mivlives Wrote: Please try this build if you are getting an error with formatting...

Download: M3_HELIX_011015_FF.zip

If coming from Frodo or Gotham, please perform a wipe data\factory reset in recovery before flashing!

mivlives

This build works great on my G-Box Midnight 2.0. Do you have a updated version? My ethernet isn't working on your latest build (8/10/15).

I loaded this last night on G-Box Midnight 2.2 and it's back in action. Thank you! Is there any chance for Isengard to work on these dinosaurs?
Hi guys,

Can anybody share one version of linux (xbmc/kodi) that works well with bluetimes M3?

Thanks
(2014-06-07, 13:53)dreamers Wrote: @snakeboots
try this image with my bluetime run great.
http://d-h.st/NeZ
try and tell me!

can you update the link?

thank you.
Ethernet does not work on Gbox midnight 2.0 on any of these images, Only wifi works. Static barebone Linux image works good on gbox midnight, but you can not change file permission.
(2015-09-01, 18:22)cm90si Wrote: Thank you! Is there any chance for Isengard to work on these dinosaurs?

I'll second the Thank You and also that it would be nice to see a more recent build of Isengard or potentially Jarvis if these old beasts could handle it. Helix 14.0 is running nice and smoothly though which works well enough for now.

A bit of a side story for those interested. It was a long battle for me to get this old beast of mine going again. It was initially a J1nx box with Frodo 12.0 and Xunity on it. The PCB in my device is marked with HD18 v2.21 with dboard A12 v1.1. After much searching and screwing around I finally found this build and got it running. I wish I had found it sooner! Ethernet and Wifi both work on my device, the remote works, 720p video is playing perfectly and all is well.

Initially I had managed to screw it up pretty good, writing a G18REF Finless ROM to it by mistake because some threads had led me to believe HD18 v2.x was a version of G18REF. Anyways turns out it is F16REF after all which makes sense due to the M3 chip. So by mistakenly writing the G18REF ROM to it I had screwed it up to where it had the "blue light black screen" issue and had almost thought I would need to use UART to recover it. I was prepared to buy a UART cable and recover it that way but thankfully I didn't have to.

I used the Benni SD card and Dextar's Nandscrubber, using the pin shorting trick (pins 7-8 of NAND) and after a few attempts and lots of waiting I finally got some life out of it again. It would show the J1nx logo and finally let me into recovery, where I was able to load the Android version included with the Benni SD card. With it reverted to Android I was able to load this and it's been working great since.

If I had found this sooner I'm sure it would have just loaded smoothly without all that screwing around. But I wanted to include my story in case anyone else ended up in the same situation.

Thanks again to all who made it possible to keep this beast going into late 2015! Cool
Looking to reflash this for the cabin to just be able to bring up some movies on a USB stick and play on an SD TV on a gbox 2.1. Coukd someone recommend a stable version that doesn't have any need to use an external device for Userdata? The version of xbmc/kodi isn't huge issue, over stability and speed. I also do not think I'll be using any plug-ins. Maybe plexbmc, to hook back home via tethering over my cellphone. But that's not a huge need, just a plus.

Thanks!
Hi i have a old IPTV smart box 18,what software would help this old dinosaur?
I have an M3 Droidbox with an Amlogic 8726M3.Loaded at present is Linux 2.6.34 with XBMC 12.0. Please could someone recommend a build of Linux/Kodi that will work for me.Cheers
Hello

I have same problem. XBMC frodo 12.0 screen , no xbmc gui. I can ssh. Let me know if you have any working linux image.
I have gbox 2.0 midnight clone.
Dteyn

Do you have any good linux image for gbox midnight 2.0. Static and j1nx linux worked . now i can not get to XBMC GUI.
stuck in xbmc frodo 12.0. let me know.
There is a new (as of November) version of TOFU linux that runs Isengard final (15.2):
http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...10db23213c

I tried to port it to the GBox Midnight 2.2, but was not successful.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7