Mini PC Linux dongle
I have found these Linux dongle running a Linux based o/s called picuntu. Now it looks good bit wondering of you could install xbmc on this. To have a nice small xbmc device

http://www.cloudsto.com/mk802iii-le-mini...etail.html

If it is possible would it be the Android version or Linux Ubuntu version?

Thanks
The issue with these ARM dongles is that most of them run with a VPU (which does the hardware video decoding) with closed sources which don't allow for hardware decoding in Linux XBMC builds. Without this you're left with software decoding - which for most of these dongles means SD (possibly 720p on some of the more powerful ones) only.

Under Android you can sometimes get hardware decoding via a couple of methods - though Android has issues of its own.

The i.mx6 ARM devices seem to be the most open, and have the most development effort for Linux XBMC builds at the moment. The Cubox-i is based around that SoC and has OpenElec experimental builds now.
Also this was pulled right from the description page. " This device does not support full hardware accelerated video playback, however up to 720p video playback is possible due to the high performance CPU cores which allow software decoding and playback. " So no hardware decoding yet.
It's Rockchips 3188. It should be fine for H.264 content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini PC Linux dongle1