Solved Logo, Disc art for Movies & Movie Sets
Hello

I have done a search and I could not see if this is posted before. I currently use and am very happy with Tinymanager especially for scraping moviesets. However, are there any plans to introduce the scraping of logo, clear art, disc art etc for both movies and movie sets, as it is the only feature I feel that is missing that I could do with :-)
scraping logo, clear art and disc art for movies is already on our todo list;
but I believe this will not work for movie sets for two reasons:
a) the artwork providers for logos/clearart/disc art does not provide images for "sets"
b) xbmc still lacks for funtionality with movie sets - I guess they won't be able to display these extra artwork..
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2014-04-15, 19:37)mlaggner Wrote: a) the artwork providers for logos/clearart/disc art does not provide images for "sets"

yes they do

Quote:xbmc still lacks for funtionality with movie sets - I guess they won't be able to display these extra artwork..
you can already manually add artwork to moviesets or through JSON-RPC so it can be done.
just auto scraping is not possible.

All Gotham that is
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
thanks for the hints Martijn;
I'll have a look how to implement that.. one big question is, how to call the fanart.tv API to get the movie set artwork (which IDs to take?)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2014-04-20, 13:23)mlaggner Wrote: thanks for the hints Martijn;
I'll have a look how to implement that.. one big question is, how to call the fanart.tv API to get the movie set artwork (which IDs to take?)

Moviesets on fanart.tv also use tmdb id. Maybe use title search
you are right - just did some tests and the tmdb id works pretty well Wink
I'll have a look at movie sets too when I implement the extra artwork (logo, clearart, ..)
thank you, sorry for not replying to your earlier posts I missed your response. I don't know when fanart.tv started working on movieset logo and fanart but they have a very impressive collection, there are only a couple of sets I have that they didn't have the logo for
Two years ago
wow thanks Martjin

I only checked a few weeks ago and did the art for mine.. I have been missing out for so long. I need to start spending more time keeping uptodate with things
fyi: I've started on working with "extra" artwork - but that is more complicated than I thought.. I have to refactor many pieces of our code to get tmm fit for that

but the good news are: extra artwork will be in 2.6 (this summer)
Which addon do i need to get these things for sets?

Is it an addon or software to install on for ex a windows machine?
(2014-05-12, 09:06)mlaggner Wrote: fyi: I've started on working with "extra" artwork - but that is more complicated than I thought.. I have to refactor many pieces of our code to get tmm fit for that

but the good news are: extra artwork will be in 2.6 (this summer)

Thank you for the effort you are putting into this and for the update.

It is a shame it is not as straight forward as I had hoped (I know nothing about coding) - In my mind without knowing how things workd, I had hoped it was just a case of using what you already had for individual movies in terms of layout and information requests and applying it to the set name instead of the individual movie name. I wish there was something, I could do to help but all this goes way over my head.

Thanks again
I've committed the last changes yesterday - this feature will be available in v2.6
(2014-05-23, 07:33)mlaggner Wrote: I've committed the last changes yesterday - this feature will be available in v2.6

excellent thank you.

Are you using one folder for all the movieset artwork or a parent folder set up for each movieset ?
there is either the artwork folder (which the XBMC addon also uses) or storing the movie set artwork in each folder of contained movies Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logo, Disc art for Movies & Movie Sets2