Fire TV as client for pvr.wmc
I am running swmc for my fire tv and I don't have any issues at all when it comes to live tv. Live tv in xmbc has plenty of room for improvement but as it is right now it works fairly well.
I have pvr.wmc running on Windows 7, Pi, and Fire TV instances of XBMC. The FireTV is very snappy (actually I'm using SPMC) but the Live TV recordings and PVR recordings are all interlaced mpeg-2 streams (I'm in the U.S.). I can't deinterlace with libstagefright enabled (option is grayed out), so the TV is pretty much unwatchable for me, especially sports. Deinterlacing is an option using MediaCodec, but it starts to skip frames this way. I mostly have 1080i over the air content coming into an HDHomerun Dual tuner. If someone figures out deinterlacing, this will be a perfect solution, but right now I'll stick with my Pi.
@krustyreturns: Thank you, that was the solution

For me live tv and recordings on my german ftv are quite instable, I even have to unplug the ftv after xbmc crashing when trying to change channel or view a recorded program. The amazon player reports an error then and can't play prime videos until I reboot the box. Is SPMC more reliable?

Edit: After adding music and film folders with quite some content AFTV started to stop every few moments in playback to buffer, for internet films as well as for local films (XBMC). After removing the media folders and cleaning the database it plays everything smooth again.
I don't have FTV so I can't comment on what's more reliable. It sounds like what you have is not acceptable though, so it might be worth giving SPMC a try.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV as client for pvr.wmc0