XBMC crashing and pvr add on getting disabled
I am experiencing a random problem with XBMC crashing and it seems to be related to the MP TV-Server pvr add-on. It worked fine for about a week and then I started seeing random crashes during live tv playback or after playback of recorded TV. When the crash occurs sometimes I see a message that no pvr client is enabled and I have to go into the pvr add-ons and re-enable the MP client. I am running Frodo on a Windows 7 (32 bit) single seat setup with MP 1.6. I just recently switched from MP to XBMC so I choose the MP client because it was already setup and running. I have it configured to use local ts files. I have attached an xbmc log. Hope this is enough to let me know what's happening.
http://pastebin.com/rvDKqAj7
No suggestions from anyone?
Not sure if its a RAM or Hard disk problem but this looks significant:
Code:
ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer\avcodec-53.dll with error 8:Not enough storage is available to process this command.
It's definitely not hard disk space and I have 4gb RAM and it typically is only using about 30% of RAM so not likely unless there is some huge memory leak somewhere. Also, not sure why it is even loading this dll as I was not trying to play any DVD or bluray disc. The really weird thing that baffles me is why is the client getting disabled? It's bad enough that it crashes but then I have to go back into the addons and re-enable the client and then it will work fine again for awhile, sometimes days, before it crashes again. At least it should remain enabled and try to re-connect to the server when it is restarted.

The other weird thing is that when it crashes and then XBMC is restarted it doesn't seem to pick up the settings in the advanced settings xml file. I have the skip steps set for 15 seconds but when it is restarted after a crash they change to 5 seconds. If I then close XBMC normally and then restart it goes back to the 15 seconds skip like it should. Very strange.
DVDplayer is the default player for all videos, not just DVDs. It could also be a symptom of hard disk problems - no harm to do a drive error check & maybe a stress test to make sure your HDD is not on the way out.

Having said that, I haven't found XBMC totally stable with Mediaportal myself - though my crashes are random (maybe once a week), are different to what you describe (freeze rather than crash) and do not affect settings after kill & restart.
I will run a checkdsk and see if it finds any bad sectors. I have thought about switching to WMC for the tv server.
@gWatkins: I've never seen that "MultiFileReader has error 0x80" error before.
I've checked the MediaPortal TSReader sources and this error code indicates an error in reading the MediaPortal timeshift buffer file (.tsbuffer)
There are some consistency checks on the content of this file and one of these checks fails.

If you can reproduce this, could you enable debug logging in XBMC and post a debug xbmc.log file
Check http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy

Furthermore, I'm also interested in the corresponding "tswriter.log" file from the MediaPortal TVServer itself.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I will try and catch it in debug mode but it is very random. Sometimes it will run for a day. Do you know why the pvr add-on would automatically get disabled?
I upgraded to Gotham and so far no problem for 3 days!
Ok. Good to know that it is fixed in Gotham.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
The PVR is working much better but now I am seeing a strange intermittent problem with recordings. Sometimes when a recording is in progress and I try to start playing it before it is done it will not play. No error message, no popup, just nothing happens. Also, sometimes when recordings are finished the recording thumbnail will not change from the filmstrip icon to the first frame thumbnail. When that happens I can't play them either but if I exit XBMC and then restart it all the thumbnails update and they play just fine. It seems like sometimes it doesn't update the recording status when it is finished. What logs can I get to help troubleshoot this? I can't enable the debug because it puts text on the screen all the time and this happens randomly.
Running Gotham as installed on Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 using ppa:team-xbmc/ppa.
I am getting a similar problem to the OP. Firstly XBMC only comes up with the background - no menu unless run it as root. That is, 'sudo su', then 'xbmc'. 'sudo xbmc' doesn't work. I am assuming there is a permissions problem somewhere.
Then once working, under root, I try to enable pvr under 'Live TV', 'General' and XBMC locks up. I have to Ctrl Alt F1 and reboot. I'd like to report what is in the XBMC log but I don't know where it is. I normally expect logs to be under /var/log/.
@technobi. Logs under linux are in my case in /home/username/.xbmc
@margro

Your custom release of XMBC is great, now the channel swiching is super fast, thank you! But I have a question, wher should I change channel order, on media portla server or in XBMC? What is the preffered way?
(2014-05-08, 20:24)margro Wrote: @technobi. Logs under linux are in my case in /home/username/.xbmc
Thanks. I'd looked in there but I didn't expect it to be in the 'temp' directory. It is in fact under /home/username/.xbmc/temp

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashing and pvr add on getting disabled0