Logitech diNovo Mini discontinued
I had a Logitech diNovo Mini for a while and the only thing that bother me was the touch pad. It was would act sporadically where the point would jump all over the place and the directional input would register as a click (very annoying). I finally got around to contacting Logitech support about this and they said the Di Novo mini is discontinued (maybe because of these issues) and I could choose anything at the $120 range. What's a good offering from Logitech for XBMC and works with OpenElec (and/or Linux)?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Well there is the Logitech Mini Controller, which is basically almost the exact same thing as the diNovo Mini with the difference being that it is technically designed for Google TV (although it should work with PCs too), is connected via a USB Logitech Unifying receiver as opposed to Bluetooth, and there are some minor differences in the key layout. Since you say you had problems with the diNovo Mini and the Mini Controller is almost the exact same thing you may want to avoid it (unless you think the problems you had were as a result of a faulty unit).

Another option is to get one of the new Logitech keyboards with integrated touchpad. These are wireless standard size keyboards with a laptop-like touchpad built in, which can work well for an HTPC setup. There are three models, the K400, the TK820 and the K830.

Please note that I actually do not have any real-world experience with any of these keyboards, and everything I know is based on things I read. I therefore cannot recommend any of these products based on my personal experience (since I don't have any). I can however say that I read many people are satisfied with the K400, and the TK820 and K830 are basically just higher-end versions of the K400. The main disadvantage of all these keyboards compared to the Mini Controller/diNovo Mini is that they are much bigger, although depending on your usage you may not care. Personally, if I had that money to buy an HTPC Logitech keyboard, I would probably get the K830.

Hope I helped.
I looked at the K830 and it looks nice. I decided to use the Favi Smartstick which is a great tiny controller for XBMC and it works in OpenElec. I bought 2 of them. Since Logitech is offering though, I might get the K830 and figure out a use for it. :-)
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Yeah there are many mini keyboards on the market from different companies, but since you said you asked about a "good offering from Logitech" I only wrote about Logitech products. I would definitely take advantage of that $120 credit you said Logitech gave you. Even if you feel you are settled with the Favi for controlling your HTPC, I'm sure you could still find some Logitech product you'd want.
Yeah definitely and I can't recommend the Favi high enough. You have one device that's a keyboard and a mouse. My Nyxboard malfunctioned and they discontinued it. I'll for sure get a nice Logitech device, even for my PC
the K400, the TK820 are both great keyboard i use and own both and never had a problem with either

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech diNovo Mini discontinued0