• 8(current)
Slingbox client and Slingbox SlingPlayer support built-into XBMC?
i finally got it!

so i changed the button maps and that is now working.. The only thing that does not seem to be changing is the resolution or bitrate on the video?

is this a common problem?
also an update for Cox Communications (Silver) remote (with DVR)

HEX 23: Guide
HEX 24: Exit
HEX 26: UP
HEX 27: DOWN
HEX 28: Left
HEX 29: Right
HEX 2A: Select

HEX 9: 1
HEX A: 2
HEX B: 3
HEX C: 4
HEX D: 5
HEX E: 6
HEX F: 7
HEX 10: 8
HEX 11 : 9
HEX 12: 0

is there anyway for me to map the menu, select, guide, exit buttons?(how can i map something to letter A or something like that ?)

the up down buttons are for the guide not channel up/down (only work when you map to numbers.. bizzare.. will not work if i map to updown arrows
(2012-07-18, 02:00)ambush276 Wrote: i finally got it!

so i changed the button maps and that is now working.. The only thing that does not seem to be changing is the resolution or bitrate on the video?

Please update what you did to finally get it, when you post comments like "I Finally got it!" that does nothing for others searching for a solution.
Necrobump as this is a persistent and unresolved issue.

I have found a way to connect to the sling rose waffle attachment for the VIP series Dish receiver.

I do not however understand how to add the Sling as a source in the most recent XBMC as sling is not an add source protocol.

The following is how you attain those internalized credentials:

Use Chrome and log into Dish Anywhere

Goto My Recordings and use the drop down for your slingloaded box.

Right click the drop down and click inspect element.

At the lower inspection pop-up goto resources.
On the left column select the source of dishanywhere.com

On the right column a Receivers row should be visible, copy all data directly to the right of "Receivers"

Paste that into Wordpad.

Look for the following line "sling_admin_pw" it will be null for all but the active slingloaded DVR (Make sure your IP connectivity on the box is good!)

So there you go, UN: Administrator ; PW: sling_admin_pw=Whatever Is Here 14 digits
This can also be used in Sling Player vs: 2.0.3.508

Now could someone assist me with how to add the stream to XBMC.
(2013-03-09, 03:49)nostic Wrote:
(2012-07-18, 02:00)ambush276 Wrote: i finally got it!

Please update what you did to finally get it, when you post comments like "I Finally got it!" that does nothing for others searching for a solution.

Same boat here, same error too.

1:38 T:3904 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
20:11:59 T:3904 ERROR: XFILE::CSlingboxFile::Open - Error connecting to Slingbox: 192.168.1.254
20:11:59 T:3904 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [sling://administratorTongue[email protected]:5001/]
20:11:59 T:3904 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
20:11:59 T:3904 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
20:11:59 T:4180 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [sling://administratorTongue[email protected]:5001/]
20:11:59 T:4180 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
20:11:59 T:4180 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
20:11:59 T:4180 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
20:11:59 T:4180 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting

Even tried changing the sling's IP address, to no avail.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slingbox client and Slingbox SlingPlayer support built-into XBMC?2