• 2(current)
Slingbox client and Slingbox SlingPlayer support built-into XBMC?
sorry missing text "so i can watch some christmas tv"
Smile 
I immigrated to the other side of the world and I just set up a slingbox back home to send Danish TV Channels out to my new place here in Asia...

As of now I watch the TV channels on my computer...

But it would be very cool to watch it on my TV using my XBMC
Does it exist? Is it in the works? Is it feasible? This would be highly awesome for me, as I have no directv receiver in my spare room (where my xbox is) and I would love to be able to tune it with a XBMC SlingPlayer software.

Thanks in advance!
I can't build it, bummer, but has anyone taken a shot on making a Slingplayer for our loved XBOX XBMC Rolleyes
Is there anything out at the moment that will allow receiving stream from Slingbox within XBMC?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
If anyone is willing to buy me a slingbox & a few months of cable TV I'll make a plugin for it. Big GrinRolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:If anyone is willing to buy me a slingbox & a few months of cable TV I'll make a plugin for it. Big GrinRolleyes

I woulf throw in some of it (via paypal?) and also have a second slingbox laying around. Anyone else joining?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
Better to wait for the unified PVR and EGP I think:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=28918

Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
steve1977 Wrote:I woulf throw him some of it (via paypal?) and also have a second slingbox laying around. Anyone else joining?

I was (99%) kidding... Laugh

Quote:Better to wait for the unified PVR and EGP I think:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=28918
^Yup.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
This is the one outstanding feature that's making me consider purchasing a Windows or Mac HTPC and chucking my XBOX.

Out of interest, does anyone know if a SlingPlayer add-on would even be possible? If so, I'd be happy to lend my support (though my python/C++ is quite rusty, and I wouldn't even know where to start). If not, then we could table this discussion until it is possible.

Has anyone checked out Sling SDK? I'm wondering if there's some reuse there. Or, perhaps it'd be possible to use VLC w/Sling SDK on a separate PC as a streaming agent for XBMC. Ick.
It doesn't yet exist as far as i know, but some people have come very close to putting it on their apple tv's
I agree that this plugin would indeed be outstanding.

Anyone knows whether hope is near? Also wondering whether sling.com might make it easier to build the plugin given that the Slingbox is accessible online now. I dont care about the other sling.com features, but the http based access to my slingbox is definitely good!!!
I support
This would be great, now dish network owns sling, and gives you the ability to change the channels on your sat receiver through a software remote. That would be cool to be on xbmc on pc.
Hi guys!

First post here, long time user though.

I too would love to see this develop. For me it would complete the functionality of the XBMC, which is truly a great bit of kit btw!

Again I've messed around with the plugin to get Slingbox streaming to VLC. Ive also seen a few sites saying that the guy who put this plugin together is very open about his code. Could that be a way to progress?

Is there any structure to this idea by the way? Is there a Project set up to investigate possibilities or feasibility? Is there anyone specific who is leading this through that we should be addressing these ideas to?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slingbox client and Slingbox SlingPlayer support built-into XBMC?2