XBMC MythTV plugin -- How to correctly set paths?
i've been unable to access any live tv or recorded programs under xbmcmythtv. i think the problem is with the way the paths are setup. under settings for both live tv and recorded files the path is set to this:

smb://%h/mythtv

although i can see which shows have been recorded and i can even see the screenshot for each recorded show, i get a connection error when playing them. i've tried changing the path to smb://192.168.1.102/mythtv and smb://192.168.1.102/var/lib/mythtv (var/lib/mythtv is where the actual recorded files are). none of those have worked. i can access the files fine if i go out of xbmcmythtv and just browse to the directory and play the files from within the regular xbmc files area so i know my smb share is setup okay.
i have never tried this script, but are you sure it supports smb paths?

you know even though the ordinary xbmc interface gives you access to smb paths, dosen't mean it works in a python script.

python file access does not support smb as it is now.
the only way it is supported, is by doing workarounds.
script-devs do this by either using http api or a library.
it may be that the script-devs have not implanted this workaround.

it should be the same share name you are accessing it with via xbmc. if it still doesn't work visit the project on sourceforge and read the forums there as they maybe more helpful.
:oops: i'm an idiot. i didn't realize when i shared the entire filesystem in linux i still had to include the shared name in the path. (in my case: smb://192.168.1.102/filesystem/var/lib/mythtv). i don't know why i didn't catch this, especially when i was browsing to the directory through the xbmc interface by going into the filesystem folder first. anyways it works now.

one thing i did have to do to get the live tv to work was set the network cache in xbmc all they down from 8mb to 1mb. i hope this doesn't adversely effect anything else.
Thumbs Up 
good to hear :d

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC MythTV plugin -- How to correctly set paths?0