• 129(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-11-04, 06:35)gendo Wrote: Thanks. tried with latest build but i cannot find any audio.dat or video.dat files, guess last build does not have all the commit.. will wait for next build, or am i looking in the wrong place?
I see the problem. I've added a fix. Please try again with the next build.
(2014-11-04, 19:56)Heiko123 Wrote: I have trouble with cec. Can you say, where I find the log file?
(within kodi.log I dont find any clues)

Have you found kodi,log or not? (Look in ~/.kodo/temp/kodi.log)

Info on debug logging is here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file
(2014-11-04, 19:16)popcornmix Wrote: I didn't specifically mention it to Milhouse. The change was in:
https://github.com/popcornmix/libcec/com...bcec-2.2.0

a couple of hours before Milhouse's build appeared so I suspect it was in his build, but I'm not 100% sure.

Milhouse - I'm under the impression that my libcec changes will be picked up automatically in new builds - is that correct?

Yes, it will be included automatically. However I kicked off last nights build at 21:13 and that commit didn't appear in the libcec-2.2.0 branch until 23:28. It will be in the tonights build.

(2014-11-04, 19:57)popcornmix Wrote: I see the problem. I've added a fix. Please try again with the next build.

Many thanks, have tested and all good now. Next build will kick off at 9pm, should be available for download about 9.30pm if all goes well... release notes may be a little later.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1104
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.2 #1 PREEMPT Tue Nov 4 21:01:48 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Nov  4 2014 17:15:58
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 5b3138cf5980475cd574cf218687b84f4b83a4c9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141104210033-r19543-g8783b8a [Build #1104]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (8783b8a7, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (15aac566, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (4a58e614)
  • Includes latest libcec master (260df18a)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (067befe6)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (2bf2563c)
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Includes PR:373: Release v1.9.25 (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:374: [pvr.hts] Backported GetPlayingTime from pvr.tvh. (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:5573: webserver: improved caching control (see discussion)
  • Includes PR:5599: filesystem: add COverrideFile/COverrideDirectory to reduce code duplication
  • Includes PR:5625: Fix library clean/scan after #5324 when started from a remote.
  • Includes PR:5647: Honor "ignorethewhensorting" when jumping to letter
  • Reverted e502b099: Reason: Causes segfault when accessing DVD ISO/IFO over SMB (see PR5534)
Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. Updated libnfs
  3. libcec/cec updates from popcornmix
  4. [rebrand] change default webserver username from "xbmc" to "kodi"
  5. Added: PR:5647: Honor "ignorethewhensorting" when jumping to letter
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Nov 4):
    • firmware: config: Make framebuffer_swap and framebuffer_ignore_alpha enabled by default See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • add support for project based versioning (fc52cf3e)
  3. XBMC:
    • [omxplayer] Remove unused function (PR:5621, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Change APP_HOME -> KODI_HOME and other APP_* -> KODI_* (PR:5597, 1 commit, 11 files changed)
    • HTTP/Webdav encoding fixes - Fixes ticket #15365 (PR:5584, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • dvdplayer: exclude blurays from fast anylyzinh mpegts streams (PR:5631, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [rebrand] change default webserver username from "xbmc" to "kodi" (PR:5632, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • [AE] Allow resampler to indicate when it has too much data buffered (PR:5623, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • use correct app name in the linux desktop file (fixes #15524) (PR:5645, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. libnfs:
    • Issue READIRPLUS calls with a sensible dircount maxcount ratio (4a58e614)
  5. libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix):
    • New commits in this build:
      • Pass through duration on all button repeats (b5ef8ab9)
  6. newclock4:
      • [cec] Don't discard buttons when repeat mode is enabled (4d1c369a)
      • [cec] Temp - more logging (9f0a9fbf)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [AE] Allow resampler to indicate when it has too much data buffered (9e491eda)
      • [omxplayer] Remove unused function (5af300bc)
  7. Custom:
    • Added: PR:5647: Honor "ignorethewhensorting" when jumping to letter
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-11-04, 19:57)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-04, 06:35)gendo Wrote: Thanks. tried with latest build but i cannot find any audio.dat or video.dat files, guess last build does not have all the commit.. will wait for next build, or am i looking in the wrong place?
I see the problem. I've added a fix. Please try again with the next build.

Thanks popcornmix. Below find link to 3 samples. If you need anything else please do let me know..
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5174353/samplea.rar
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5174353/sampleb.rar
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5174353/samplec.rar
(2014-11-04, 23:38)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC Helix build: #1104
  • libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix):
    [...]
With new cec libs the stop button only works if pressed twice. There is a way to change this behaviour?
Debug log attached:
http://pastebin.com/QhZ1cLpJ
(2014-11-04, 15:46)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-04, 15:33)darzur Wrote: It looks like propblems with CEC wake up were not solved in this build.

Might be worth creating an issue here.
Explain it seems to be a regression from libcec 2.1.4 to 2.2.0, and include a debug log (make sure CEC component logging is enabled - I think it is by default currently).

OK, just did it and hope it will be solved soon. It's driving me crazy to manually switch HDMI every time. Smile

https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/issues/43
(2014-11-04, 11:21)ijsbeer79 Wrote:
(2014-11-03, 23:19)javaboyuk Wrote: I was just about to buy The Hifiberry Digi+, and luckily sore this!!
It would be great if we can get this to work, there site says the openelec guys have a HifiBerry to play with, but not whom.
Maybe withthe Kodi Beta1 now out we might get an official image that works? or Is your (The amazing Milhouse) build going to be it anyway ;-)

Again Popcorn/Milhouse thank you for your amazing support and input .
JB

It's the other way around. HifiBerry did work, but fails to work in Helix builds (Kodi). The hifiberry dev doesn't seem to care either. If this doesn't change, I guess HifiBerry has the same future as the Wolfson card... see last build Sad
Ish... the hifiberry dev has tested the card under 3.17 on raspbian and apparently it works so it seems possible that it can work but I don't know which settings exactly need changing....
(2014-11-05, 05:38)gendo Wrote: Thanks popcornmix. Below find link to 3 samples. If you need anything else please do let me know..

The good news is I can play these (well, the first one - start of two and a half men).
However I don't know if I'm seeing the same effect.

With first file I see a glitch in the video after 13 seconds, and audio and video remain in sync after that.

If I add the commit "revert squash: don't update originaldts when marked as invalid" then:
I see a glitch in the video after 13 seconds, and audio and video are out of sync after that.

i.e. I see better behaviour with current newclock4 tree than with "revert squash: don't update originaldts when marked as invalid" added.

Isn't this the opposite to your problem?
(2014-11-05, 16:13)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-05, 05:38)gendo Wrote: Thanks popcornmix. Below find link to 3 samples. If you need anything else please do let me know..

The good news is I can play these (well, the first one - start of two and a half men).
However I don't know if I'm seeing the same effect.

With first file I see a glitch in the video after 13 seconds, and audio and video remain in sync after that.

If I add the commit "revert squash: don't update originaldts when marked as invalid" then:
I see a glitch in the video after 13 seconds, and audio and video are out of sync after that.

i.e. I see better behaviour with current newclock4 tree than with "revert squash: don't update originaldts when marked as invalid" added.

Isn't this the opposite to your problem?

In my case with the build of the 18th video and audio resume in sync after glitch. with the current build e.g. todays' video and audio freeze after glitch and i have to stop and restart channel to view. other wise if i wait a lot of time (minutes) video and audio resume but totally out of sync.. I have the same result i.e. video freezes on current windows builds....
(2014-11-05, 16:58)gendo Wrote: In my case with the build of the 18th video and audio resume in sync after glitch. with the current build e.g. todays' video and audio freeze after glitch and i have to stop and restart channel to view. other wise if i wait a lot of time (minutes) video and audio resume but totally out of sync.. I have the same result i.e. video freezes on current windows builds....

Okay, looks like I need to dump the packets a bit earlier. I've modified the commit, so if you repeat what you did in the next build I'll hopefully see the same effect you see.
(2014-11-05, 17:34)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-05, 16:58)gendo Wrote: In my case with the build of the 18th video and audio resume in sync after glitch. with the current build e.g. todays' video and audio freeze after glitch and i have to stop and restart channel to view. other wise if i wait a lot of time (minutes) video and audio resume but totally out of sync.. I have the same result i.e. video freezes on current windows builds....

Okay, looks like I need to dump the packets a bit earlier. I've modified the commit, so if you repeat what you did in the next build I'll hopefully see the same effect you see.

Sure. will do first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks for your time.
(2014-11-04, 18:50)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-31, 20:48)Forage Wrote: It will fail to autoscroll with your default settings 300/0/0 if you keep the button pressed. At least, in my case. This can't be desired behaviour. Doesn't 0 for the repeat setting default to a sane value?
That one should be fixed in last night's build. Setting repeat=0 should still repeat slowly like CEC used to.
This is indeed fixed in the latest nightly. With 300/0/0 it keeps repeating when keeping the button pressed.
(2014-11-04, 18:50)popcornmix Wrote:
Quote:Repeat setting 80 is fine for some lists, but results in madness on the main XBMC menu screen when keeping left or right pressed btw. I'll lower it to a good balance.
I have investigated this.
Basically keyboard repeats with a sequence of key presses with incrementing durations.
CEC remote keyboard repeats with a sequence of key presses with zero durations.
When you provide non-zero durations xbmc hits the end of lists and stops (until another discrete press).

I did add this behaviour last night (after the Milhouse build) and it seemed to work okay with my debug build on a Sony,
but a release OE build at home on Panasonic wasn't repeating at all. Not sure if that an issue with building from wrong trees, or some difference in Sony/Panasonic behaviour.
The behaviour with my Panasonic is:
  • 300/0/0: Repeating when keeping button pressed, does not stop at the end of a list
  • 300/120/0: Repeating when keeping button pressed, does stop at the end of a list
Personally I think it should stop at the end of a list when having repeat set to 0 as well to have consistent behaviour.
(2014-11-05, 21:49)Forage Wrote: The behaviour with my Panasonic is:
  • 300/0/0: Repeating when keeping button pressed, does not stop at the end of a list
  • 300/120/0: Repeating when keeping button pressed, does stop at the end of a list
Personally I think it should stop at the end of a list when having repeat set to 0 as well to have consistent behaviour.

libCEC is used by apps other than xbmc who may prefer the existing behaviour, so with default settings its behaviour shouldn't change.
repeat=0 is the "new behaviour disabled" mode so I don't think that will change.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1105

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.2 #1 PREEMPT Wed Nov 5 21:32:56 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Nov  4 2014 17:15:58
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 5b3138cf5980475cd574cf218687b84f4b83a4c9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141105213147-r19549-g04df5e7 [Build #1105]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (04df5e72, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c75a8188, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled (new installs only) [patch details]
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR:5217 [patch details]
  • Includes latest libnfs master (4a58e614)
  • Includes latest libcec master (260df18a)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (067befe6)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (2bf2563c)
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes (see patch)
  • Includes commits from libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix)
  • Includes PR:373: Release v1.9.25 (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:374: [pvr.hts] Backported GetPlayingTime from pvr.tvh. (kodi-pvr-addons)
  • Includes PR:5573: webserver: improved caching control (see discussion)
  • Includes PR:5599: filesystem: add COverrideFile/COverrideDirectory to reduce code duplication
  • Includes PR:5625: Fix library clean/scan after #5324 when started from a remote.
  • Includes PR:5647: Honor "ignorethewhensorting" when jumping to letter
  • Includes PR:5655: [NfoFile] fix empty video details for multipart episodes
  • Reverted e502b099: Reason: Causes segfault when accessing DVD ISO/IFO over SMB (see PR5534)
Build Highlights:
  1. Dump debug video/audio packets earlier
  2. popcornmix libcec fix for "stop" button
  3. Added: PR:5655: [NfoFile] fix empty video details for multipart episodes
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • libcec: move imx6 patches to project folder, build libcec-2.1.4 for imx6 project (65f72511)
    • projects/imx6/linux: remove deprecated commandline options (6e419762)
    • projects/imx6/patches/kodi: add patch to support libcec-2.1 (3169358f)
    • xf86-video-intel: disable tearfree support (dafd4b45)
  2. XBMC:
    • [CONFLUENCE] removed redundant value conditions from variables (PR:5654, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Docs] fixup urls to kodi.tv (PR:5658, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [UPnP] rebrand our Media Server/Renderer (PR:5656, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Confluence] fix last day of daily weather forecast (aff8710e)
  3. libcec-2.2.0 (popcornmix):
      • squash: Fix for stop needing to be pressed twice (23a9be90)
  4. newclock4:
      • [DVDMessageQueue] Remove pi specific logging ifdef (b048d980)
  5. Custom:
    • Added: PR:5655: [NfoFile] fix empty video details for multipart episodes
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8