• 155(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
Just a wild guess, but perhaps the Lightberry requires a device tree overlay to work successfully with the device tree enabled kernel. popcornmix will no doubt be able to confirm.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-12-15, 12:42)Milhouse Wrote: Just a wild guess, but perhaps the Lightberry requires a device tree overlay to work successfully with the device tree enabled kernel. popcornmix will no doubt be able to confirm.

In my setup I'm using WS2801 LEDs connected directly to GPIO ... so no Lightberry. Normally it only needs the SPIDEV.
(2014-12-15, 11:41)gandharva Wrote: I'm going to remove "device_tree=" from config.txt after work to confirm the report from tija.
I can confirm lightberry/hyperion is not working without "device_tree=" in config.txt.
(2014-12-15, 19:03)gandharva Wrote: I can confirm lightberry/hyperion is not working without "device_tree=" in config.txt.

From Phil:

Download this to /flash/overlays/enable-spi-overlay.dtb
Finally, add this line into your config.txt and then reboot:
Code:
device_tree_overlay=overlays/enable-spi-overlay.dtb
That should enable the spidev devices and allow Lightberry/Hyperion to work.

(note: in the future these overlays will be built in, so this will become a little simpler)
Hi Millhouse,

After latest update (from #1213 to #1214) I have no "Virtual Suspend" anymore. Power saving options in settings are grayed out and there is no way to turn off TV through CEC. IS it intentional or just a bug??

P.S. Look here

(2014-12-15, 19:48)popcornmix Wrote: Download this to /flash/overlays/enable-spi-overlay.dtb
Finally, add this line into your config.txt and then reboot:
Code:
That should enable the spidev devices and allow Lightberry/Hyperion to work.

I can confirm this solves my problems and Hyperion is now working with devicetree support.

Thanks for your support Popcornmix and Milhouse.
(2014-12-15, 19:49)darzur Wrote: After latest update (from #1213 to #1214) I have no "Virtual Suspend" anymore. Power saving options in settings are grayed out and there is no way to turn off TV through CEC. IS it intentional or just a bug??

Thanks, fixed in the next release - an iMX6 patch knocked it out.

Note that build #1214 is the final Kodi 14.0/Helix release from me. Kodi master has now branched to Kodi 15 alpha (I******) and I have started a new release thread:

OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0)

Please subscribe to the new thread for updates.

I have also moved the Helix builds on the FTP server to an "archive/Helix" directory - this means the download links in the individual release posts are no longer working, but I've updated the download links in first post so use those links instead (I've also corrected the link for final build #1214).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-12-12, 23:43)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 15:17)HiassofT Wrote: Here's a sample: http://www.horus.com/~hias/tmp/openelec/...141203.mp4

I went through the old builds and 0901 plays it fine, with 0902 the video freezes shortly before the end (later than with the current builds, so not clearly visible with the sample in my previous post). Not sure if this info is helpful, that was the switch from newclock3 to newclock4...

I have looked into this.
Thanks a lot!

Quote:The issue is the HW decoder can buffer a reasonable amount of data (a couple of MB).
I believe all HW codecs lose the final frames because of this. It just turns out that due to the larger amount of buffering in MMAL decoder it loses more.
Ah, very interesting! That would explain why it has been unnoticed before. Not sure how much buffering VDPAU uses, on my somewhat old 8600GTS and 8600GT cards I couldn't see any visible glitches.

Quote:I'll see if something can be done.
We could limit the amount data pushed into the codec (but this may harm performance when the stream is difficult).
We could try to make dvdplayer continue prodding the codec after the final frame has been submitted (theoretically better, but a more intrusive change).
The latter sounds like the better solution. Buffers can be nasty, had to deal with similar issues on serial and network devices several times myself...

Anyways: good luck and thanks a lot for looking into that issue!

so long,

Hias
(2014-12-15, 19:03)gandharva Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 11:41)gandharva Wrote: I'm going to remove "device_tree=" from config.txt after work to confirm the report from tija.
I can confirm lightberry/hyperion is not working without "device_tree=" in config.txt.
Is this added automatically during an upgrade? I've been out of the loop for a while but after upgrading to the latest build Millhouse posted (from 13.x) my Lightpack w/ Hyperion continues to work flawlessly. I did upgrade Hyperion at the same time if that matters.
(2014-12-17, 02:52)spjonez Wrote: Is this added automatically during an upgrade?

Not entirely. See post #2314 for details.

Prior to build #1216 (see new Kodi 15 thread) you'll need to download the overlay file yourself, but from #1216 onwards the overlay file is included in the build.

Once you have the overlay file, you'll need to manually update your config.txt.

(2014-12-17, 02:52)spjonez Wrote: I've been out of the loop for a while but after upgrading to the latest build Millhouse posted (from 13.x) my Lightpack w/ Hyperion continues to work flawlessly. I did upgrade Hyperion at the same time if that matters.

The other users have Lightberrys, which is a different device to your Lightpack, so you may not need to do anything if it's still working.
(2014-12-17, 04:29)Milhouse Wrote: The other users have Lightberrys, which is a different device to your Lightpack, so you may not need to do anything if it's still working.
My mistake I read that too quickly. Thanks!
Edited out, missed the new thread.
@popcormix:

running Linux OpenELEC 3.18.5 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Feb 6 21:04:21 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
on RPI2.

I have a Philips TV with CEC, and have never (not on RPI1 also), ever had a repeating button till now. (annoying!)

tried to play with the settings you've provided (repeat delay/rate/release time), but nothing actually helps.
i made a log with a short (normal) keypress, and a long one...
http://pastebin.com/vhgZHL9M

Could you have a look at it?
Thanks in adcance.
regards,
(2015-02-07, 16:03)wimpie007 Wrote: I have a Philips TV with CEC, and have never (not on RPI1 also), ever had a repeating button till now. (annoying!)

tried to play with the settings you've provided (repeat delay/rate/release time), but nothing actually helps.
i made a log with a short (normal) keypress, and a long one...

I'd suggest delay=300, rate=100, release=0. If it's still repeating then increase the delay to 500.

Note: there is a but in the CEC settings dialogue, you can only change once per boot.
If it shows the CEC settings updated when you press OK, then it worked. If it doesn't show that then restart kodi.

By the way, this is an old thread. You should be using builds from:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211501
hi all,

have the same problem with hyperion and raspi 2 kodi 5.0.1 .

my lights are off ( only the one blue on the lower right corner ) .

where should i insert :

and how to put the .dtb file from above in the overlays folder ?

sorry for the noob question ...

thanks in advance ,

mad-des
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8