Country Flags for TV Shows
We have Country flags for Movies and that is great...but there is no Country Flags for TV Shows. I was wondering as to why, is there a specific reason?. There is plenty of shows from UK, Canada, Australia just to mention few. So I think we should treat TV Shows the same way as Movies and show Country flags. I know that it is too late for Kodi 21 but maybe Kodi 22 would incorporate this feature.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro,  NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
I guess KODI Team is not interested in this.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
(2024-03-15, 18:17)andrzejls Wrote: We have Country flags for Movies and that is great...but there is no Country Flags for TV Shows. I was wondering as to why, is there a specific reason?. There is plenty of shows from UK, Canada, Australia just to mention few. So I think we should treat TV Shows the same way as Movies and show Country flags. I know that it is too late for Kodi 21 but maybe Kodi 22 would incorporate this feature.

The problem is not Kodi, the TV show scraper does not provide this information for TV shows, so they have no information about the country.

You should ask your question to the addon developer.
Not quite.
There is no option to save "Country" in the database which is why the scraper does not provide it... https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos#tvshow

Seems like a trivial change, but not so- database updates, new code, scraper upgrades.
I don't think anyone on the team is prepared to do that.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-04-03, 05:25)Karellen Wrote: Not quite.
There is no option to save "Country" in the database which is why the scraper does not provide it... https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases/MyVideos#tvshow

Seems like a trivial change, but not so- database updates, new code, scraper upgrades.
I don't think anyone on the team is prepared to do that.
@Karellen Thank you for your answer. The reason I ask for it is that we, at least I, have shows from quite few Countries and I thought that it would be a good idea to include "Country" in MyVideos#tvshow database. MyVideos#movies have c21 activated/configured for "country" so I hoped that this could be incorporated in tvshow. Anyway, thank you for explanation.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux
(2024-04-03, 11:18)andrzejls Wrote: The reason I ask for it is that we, at least I, have shows from quite few Countries and I thought that it would be a good idea to include "Country" in MyVideos#tvshow database.
You can use Tags... https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library_tags
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-04-03, 11:54)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-04-03, 11:18)andrzejls Wrote: The reason I ask for it is that we, at least I, have shows from quite few Countries and I thought that it would be a good idea to include "Country" in MyVideos#tvshow database.
You can use Tags... https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library_tags
@Karellen Thanks. I will try.
EndeavourOS, Arch Linux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Country Flags for TV Shows0