• 134(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
Sean I'm sorry to hear about all this. I had no idea.
They're scum to treat anyone especially a person thats do so much to help the community.
I hope you get past this and become happy again. Kodi isn't worth affecting your family and health.
Very sad to read this. Have not used for a while but tried to install again on Jarvis. No success.
Anyone knows where to download the last version? Perhaps that will work.
Thanks.
Cool

Hey Brother.... a wise man once said, don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff....

You know, it may not be such a bad idea to take a break from this addictive and very time consuming beast of a hobby we all know as Kodi.

The children that are treating you this way will never measure up to your values or skills.

It's important that you don't let them steal another ounce of your time or energy. That belongs to you and your family.

You're obviously a good guy with lots of talent. You're respected and appreciated by many,

Don't trip, you're solid and they got nuthin on ya.

Take care, and thanks for your contribution to the community,

Jay
(2016-09-10, 01:09)Thomas_AR Wrote: Very sad to read this. Have not used for a while but tried to install again on Jarvis. No success.
Anyone knows where to download the last version? Perhaps that will work.
Thanks.

The 1.0.55 working whitout a problems on 16.1..............
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2016-09-01, 22:29)spoyser Wrote: I've been thinking about whether to bother with this post for a while now, this is really just me getting things off my chest and I'm sure no one really cares what I have to say but I've finally decided to go ahead and write it regardless.

Over the last few months I have been subjected to contemptible treatment by a number of so-called "groups", individuals and groups of people claiming to be "there" for the benefit of the Kodi community.

These groups (in particular the numerous TV Guide groups that have sprung up, and also think of a 3 letter palindrome for your Grandma) are quite happy to palm my code of as their own, to use my addons to help sell their hardware, to take all the extra features I've added to Tommy's original TV Guide addon and claim ownership of it, to drive their builds via Super Favourites, and for one group in particular to push a whole hardware product based around the Super Favourites addon, whilst at the same time claiming my addon's are security risks. The same group who think it is perfectly okay to install on innocent people's devices obsfucated code that they didn't even write and have no idea what it does (and they have the cheek to call my code a security risk!!)

The same groups who shout from the towers that they don't charge for anything but yet they are constantly begging for donations.

The final straw was when these groups decided it was perfectly acceptable to arrange DDOS attacks on several of my websites. So it seems it is okay to use my code for your own benefit, to line your own pockets, but heaven forbid I personally should be allowed to use my own code - the code that I actually wrote - is that how it now works?

So I have now been forced to put into place very expensive security measures to prevent such attacks, these measure cost money; money which should be helping me provide for my family but instead is being wasted on security measures that are only necessary because of these so-called "groups" (you all know who you are) "just doing their bit" for the community.

So I have finally decided that I won't be spending anymore of my own personal time (only a true developer would really appreciate just how much time) developing or supporting any of my free kodi addons, whilst at the same time being forced to spend very large sums of money protecting my websites from a select few.

I am new to this forum , but have been around for a long time dealing with electronics and fun stuff I have made a good living doing, nothing beats getting paid doing what you love to do already.
From what I have read you have helped a lot of people, many times the people that help people don't want help from them when they need it. The $hitheads are everywhere don't stop doing what you like doing that makes the $hitheads the winners and you the loser. If you need to put measures into place and it cost $$$ give those you have helped and others the option to pay it back and see what helping is all about it goes both ways. a few $$$ from 1000's of people will add up.
Keep in mind the kodi boxes are rolling out by the millions so traffic will not get slower. Good luck, if you post a go fund me site or a link to your web site or a to a paypal tab I will send a few $$$.to help out. I just setup my old shuttle pc with ubuntu and kodi and its works out pretty nice, I have a box arriving today with quad core and nice backlit remote to play with, after wiping the box and setting up a few basics that do what I want I should be good to go. Stumbled on your super favorites add on that looks like it will do exactly what I need it to do to make using the device easy for the less skilled member of the household (the wife) Big Grin

The $hit heads will try to mess up all good things, I have run a little league for last 8yrs, 100% all volunteer's 100's of hours.
And the $hitheads will complain instead of helping, but it's done for the kids not the $hitheads, I guess I have been the longest running president to date cuz I call the $hitheads out in public, plenty of things that need to be done, so I tell them to get up and help, or move out of the way but being a $hithead will get you called a $hithead in front of others by me, which $hitheads will then help or will not return and each year less $hitheads to deal with and kids are still having just as much fun Smile
Superfavorites and Kodi Krypton?
Has this been tested with the latest Kodi Krypton?? It seems to have odd behavior in Krypton. If I choose to open any Superfavorite inside a Superfavorite folder it acts like its doing nothing, but actually opens the Superfavorite link in the background, but does not not change to that screen untill you hit the back button. Anybody else seeing thisHuh? Thanks!

***Works on Android, not on windows, must be a Kodi issue..?
i am trying to add a Super favorites folder as a widget i have got this far

But whenever i select an item it just throws me back to a video folder, im sure im missing something

My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
I'd like to say a big Fuck You to all the youtubers and twitter twats that have pissed you off, spoyser.

Good Luck. You will get a warm welcome from everyone here when you return. Smile
(2016-09-24, 14:00)primaeval Wrote: I'd like to say a big Fuck You to all the youtubers and twitter twats that have pissed you off, spoyser.

Yup. It seems that in every walk of life there are always some dxckheads that spoil things for the rest of us.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-09-24, 04:09)jdig4240 Wrote: Superfavorites and Kodi Krypton?
Has this been tested with the latest Kodi Krypton?? It seems to have odd behavior in Krypton. If I choose to open any Superfavorite inside a Superfavorite folder it acts like its doing nothing, but actually opens the Superfavorite link in the background, but does not not change to that screen untill you hit the back button. Anybody else seeing thisHuh? Thanks!

Try opening SF from the add-ons directory.
If this has been asked I apologize as I couldn't find my answer in a search. When I add a stream link to SF from inside of an addon when i go to play that link from SF the stream will work but when stopped it will start playing again. Loops over and over no way to exit except kill kodi. Is there a way to stop this? Thanks.
Greetings from Russia.
Dear plugin developer let translate plugin and publish it in Russian repositories searsh.db.
(2016-09-25, 00:59)PatK Wrote:
(2016-09-24, 04:09)jdig4240 Wrote: Superfavorites and Kodi Krypton?

Try opening SF from the add-ons directory.

Nope, same behavior, have you tried in Windows version of latest Kodi 17?
Quote:Nope, same behavior, have you tried in Windows version of latest Kodi 17?

I tried night lies and beta2, behaviour is as expected launched from the add-ons, calls up the smartplaylist, or direct file view (note: if the directory takes time e.g. a drive needs to spin up, library mode is briefly shown, then the selection), on exit (backspace) it comes to library listing and one more backspace brings the original chooser screen. Entering SF through video add-ons or favourites brings the behaviour you experience. I'm unsure if there has been an update from the SF repository,

I did go back and checked the behaviour in XBMC and Kodi 16.1 and looks a fix is needed for windows Krypton, but with Spoyser on hiatus, we're going to have to do work-rounds.
(2016-09-25, 22:54)PatK Wrote:
Quote:Nope, same behavior, have you tried in Windows version of latest Kodi 17?

I tried night lies and beta2, behaviour is as expected launched from the add-ons, calls up the smartplaylist, or direct file view (note: if the directory takes time e.g. a drive needs to spin up, library mode is briefly shown, then the selection), on exit (backspace) it comes to library listing and one more backspace brings the original chooser screen. Entering SF through video add-ons or favourites brings the behaviour you experience. I'm unsure if there has been an update from the SF repository,

I did go back and checked the behaviour in XBMC and Kodi 16.1 and looks a fix is needed for windows Krypton, but with Spoyser on hiatus, we're going to have to do work-rounds.

Ahh, so i think you may have just said they key word there, because when I choose to link my superfavorite folder I have been going through Video addons to get to superfavorites, maybe the behavior will be different from program addons. Thanks, will give that a try...

***EDIT**
Yep, that was it!! If I link the superfavorite through Program addons rather than Video addons it opens correctly, but its only a problem with Windows version of Kodi, in Android it works either way. THANKS!
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6