• 142(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
(2017-02-19, 21:59)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 07:53)mattmartinolc Wrote: changed the version code back to 1.0.43 and let the update happen back to 1.0.55 and now the menus are still experiencing bounceback but this time it's not so fast to do it. I was able to almost select some content from the lists I have mapped to my NAS server but then the bounce back happens. This is so puzzling.

Right I have just released 1.0.56 it's available in my repo here:

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...-1.0.6.zip

There were quite a few fixes necessary in order to play nicely with Krypton, so you never know it might work now.

Failing that we can start working out what is causing the "bounce back", at least from a "clean" base.

Installed the new addon 1.0.56 fresh. No love. Still have the bounceback.It's fine if I am selecting a super favourites subfolder but soon as I select a folder for my nas or an addon it immediately bounces.
(2017-02-20, 07:46)mattmartinolc Wrote:
(2017-02-19, 21:59)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 07:53)mattmartinolc Wrote: changed the version code back to 1.0.43 and let the update happen back to 1.0.55 and now the menus are still experiencing bounceback but this time it's not so fast to do it. I was able to almost select some content from the lists I have mapped to my NAS server but then the bounce back happens. This is so puzzling.

Right I have just released 1.0.56 it's available in my repo here:

There were quite a few fixes necessary in order to play nicely with Krypton, so you never know it might work now.

Failing that we can start working out what is causing the "bounce back", at least from a "clean" base.

Installed the new addon 1.0.56 fresh. No love. Still have the bounceback.It's fine if I am selecting a super favourites subfolder but soon as I select a folder for my nas or an addon it immediately bounces.

Okay, can you explain what you mean by

"I select a folder for my nas or an addon it immediately bounces."

As that makes no sense to me Smile
(2017-02-20, 12:45)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 07:46)mattmartinolc Wrote:
(2017-02-19, 21:59)spoyser Wrote: Right I have just released 1.0.56 it's available in my repo here:

I have various selections organized with the SF addon. As long as I am in the SF menus, everything is good. As soon as I go into an addon or select the folder for my nas server from a super favourites list, it goes to where I want it, but then immediately backs out as if I had pressed the back button leaving me back at the SF list I was navigating.
(2017-02-20, 18:15)mattmartinolc Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 12:45)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 07:46)mattmartinolc Wrote: Installed the new addon 1.0.56 fresh. No love. Still have the bounceback.It's fine if I am selecting a super favourites subfolder but soon as I select a folder for my nas or an addon it immediately bounces.

I have various selections organized with the SF addon. As long as I am in the SF menus, everything is good. As soon as I go into an addon or select the folder for my nas server from a super favourites list, it goes to where I want it, but then immediately backs out as if I had pressed the back button leaving me back at the SF list I was navigating.

So nas isn't part of the equation really given that it also does it from an addon.

Do you know what version it started doing it? Does 1.0.43 behave properly?

If I uploaded a file with debug stuff in it would you be in a position to test it and send me the results?
(2017-02-20, 21:26)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 18:15)mattmartinolc Wrote:
(2017-02-20, 12:45)spoyser Wrote: Okay, can you explain what you mean by

So nas isn't part of the equation really given that it also does it from an addon.

Do you know what version it started doing it? Does 1.0.43 behave properly?

If I uploaded a file with debug stuff in it would you be in a position to test it and send me the results?

No 1.0.43 did it also. Keep in mind this is only happening on a couple machines out of many. I can test if you would like
Hi Sean,

I think I'm having the same issue as @mattmartinolc, but it only seems to be 1 folder that is misbehaving, that ive noticed anyway.

So what happens is this:

I have a folder on my homescreen called Live TV, in it i have a bunch of links to certain sections of live tv addons.

What happens is when I go in there I click a link and it takes me to the said section of the addon, fine you think?? But what happens after is the part. If I click back on the remote, 1 click takes me home. If I then return to this folder on the desktop it takes me right back to that addon. The only way I can get out of that addon is to click another SF folder on my desktop, which behaves like it should. In this folder, pressing the back key once takes me to the SF root tree. Another press takes me home, and thats the way its supposed to work.
Any ideas?

EDIT: I think i've found the issue. For some reason all the fav's had HOME: in the link
Code:
    <favourite name="ustvnow" thumb="special://home/addons\ustvnow\icon.png">HOME:ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow/&quot;,return)</favourite>
(2017-02-21, 07:28)goltho Wrote: Baby's first post here, so be gentle.[emoji51] Installed SF yesterday (Fire TV Stick, Alexa remote, Kodi 16.1) but immediately lost the use of the menu button on the remote. Persevered but eventually gave up & uninstalled SF. Menu button continued not to work throughout today until a couple of hours ago when it randomly started working again. Reinstalled SF just now, and menu button stopped working again immediately.

I've uninstalled SF again but - as previously - the menu button remains non-functional.

Any thoughts please? Thanks.

Install SF, disable the Global Menu in its settings, then uninstall

This is fixed in later versions, just not in the version in the official kodi repo

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-02-21, 08:01)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi Sean,

I think I'm having the same issue as @mattmartinolc, but it only seems to be 1 folder that is misbehaving, that ive noticed anyway.

So what happens is this:

I have a folder on my homescreen called Live TV, in it i have a bunch of links to certain sections of live tv addons.

What happens is when I go in there I click a link and it takes me to the said section of the addon, fine you think?? But what happens after is the part. If I click back on the remote, 1 click takes me home. If I then return to this folder on the desktop it takes me right back to that addon. The only way I can get out of that addon is to click another SF folder on my desktop, which behaves like it should. In this folder, pressing the back key once takes me to the SF root tree. Another press takes me home, and thats the way its supposed to work.
Any ideas?

EDIT: I think i've found the issue. For some reason all the fav's had HOME: in the link
Code:
    <favourite name="ustvnow" thumb="special://home/addons\ustvnow\icon.png">HOME:ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.ustvnow/&quot;,return)</favourite>

Are you seeing the HOME: in a file?

Sent from my iPhone
(2017-02-21, 09:35)spoyser Wrote:

So what happens is this:

Any ideas?

Code:

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Yes it was in that list of SF favs. That folder and one other. I just searched all my SF userdata for HOME: and deleted them all and my issue went away. Weird how they got put in there by themselves, No?? I've had it happen before in the iSearch folder. I just deleted the HOME: and moved on.
Not quite the same problem I have. If I had the ustvnow addon in a SF list, what would happen is I try to enter that addon thru the SF menu, and it would bounce me back out of the addon to the SF menu within 1-2 seconds leaving it impossible for me to use that addon unless I went to it thru the kodi addons menus or thru my regular kodi favourites
(2017-02-21, 16:40)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 09:35)spoyser Wrote:

So what happens is this:

Any ideas?

Code:

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Yes it was in that list of SF favs. That folder and one other. I just searched all my SF userdata for HOME: and deleted them all and my issue went away. Weird how they got put in there by themselves, No?? I've had it happen before in the iSearch folder. I just deleted the HOME: and moved on.

Not sure how it got written to the file.

It prepends that to the items when they are triggered from the home screen (window ID 10000), this is so SF knows they are being launched externally, eg from a widget. But it shouldn't then get written to a file, weird!!
(2017-02-21, 21:34)mattmartinolc Wrote: Not quite the same problem I have. If I had the ustvnow addon in a SF list, what would happen is I try to enter that addon thru the SF menu, and it would bounce me back out of the addon to the SF menu within 1-2 seconds leaving it impossible for me to use that addon unless I went to it thru the kodi addons menus or thru my regular kodi favourites

Can you enable debug mode in SF settings, then when it does the "bounce back" can you upload your debug log to a paste bin site for me to look at.

From the code and description I'm struggling to work out what is going wrong.
It's grateful to see the spoyser repo it's back online...... very grateful Smile
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2017-02-26, 16:54)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 21:34)mattmartinolc Wrote: Not quite the same problem I have. If I had the ustvnow addon in a SF list, what would happen is I try to enter that addon thru the SF menu, and it would bounce me back out of the addon to the SF menu within 1-2 seconds leaving it impossible for me to use that addon unless I went to it thru the kodi addons menus or thru my regular kodi favourites

Can you enable debug mode in SF settings, then when it does the "bounce back" can you upload your debug log to a paste bin site for me to look at.

From the code and description I'm struggling to work out what is going wrong.

Very interested in the outcome of this .. I am also seeing this behavior. I turned on debug mode .. but the log does not to appear to have been written
===============================

Running Windows Krypton 17.1 RC1
SF 1.0.56
Estuary Mod .. cuz it's awesome for building menus and integrating SF with
===============================

My variation of the behavior is that if I build widgets with Estuary mod based on SF folders .. the navigation works properly .. but directly from SF i get this same bounceback. that Matt is seeing.

hoping this is a simple compatibility or config issue

thanks Spoyser for all of the awesome help
Thank you for 1.0.56!!! Links in subfolders now open again! Yesss
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6