• 144(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
I created a folder and placed all my favourite tv car shows in it. Worked fine for 3 days and then today when I click on a show, there is nothing there and it boots me out back to the main screen. I have not changed location of super favs or any other settings. This is on an android tv box.
I created a folder and placed all my favourite tv car shows in it. Worked fine for 3 days and then today when I click on a show, there is nothing there and it boots me out back to the main screen. I have not changed location of super favs or any other settings. This is on an android tv box.
(2017-03-05, 22:13)LouisM Wrote: I created a folder and placed all my favourite tv car shows in it. Worked fine for 3 days and then today when I click on a show, there is nothing there and it boots me out back to the main screen. I have not changed location of super favs or any other settings. This is on an android tv box.

Similar problem, seems like kodi was stuck trying to update this addon on my android TV (nvidia shield) so after waiting for several minutes I unplugged the power and rebooted, when kodi was back up all my favorites were gone from Tools > Favorites.

Eventually I reloaded the super favourites addon, and I've recovered maybe 60% of the files I had favorited.

It would be great if the first post in this thread would detail in what folder the xml favorites file is located, or locations where it might have been with previous builds. I'm pretty sure there is a complete list of all the favorites I had saved somewhere on the box, but I haven't found it yet.
(2017-03-04, 14:34)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-03-04, 04:14)aaddaamm1111 Wrote:
(2017-03-03, 23:18)bentheballer7 Wrote: Hello everyone.

I have a real quick question and hoping someone can assist me with it. I made a build of my own using the Aeon Nox skin a while back. Using Super Favorites I created a bunch of folders that I made shortcuts for on the main interface. All was fine until I recently updated my Kodi to Krypton. Now, when I enter the main interface section that is a shortcut of a Super Favorites folder and attempt to exit back to the main interface it first takes me to the Super Favorites add-on where all of my folders are and I have to exit once more to get back to the main interface. On every Kodi version before 17 when I attempted to exit the main interface section I made of a Super Favorites folder it would automatically take me back to the main interface instead of into the Super Favorites add-on first.

Is there a way to have it take me back to the main interface when I attempt to exit a main interface section that is attached to a Super Favorites I made like before, rather then first take me into the Super Favorites add-on and require me to exit once more on Kodi 17? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

I too am waiting for a fix for this issue. SF is the most useful addon in Kodi. I want to upgrade to 17, but this is a deal breaker for me. It works great in 16.1. If anyone knows a fix PLEASE!!! share. I'm not the only one who would appreciate this.
You might be waiting a while, it's a base function from Kodi & nothing to do with SF. Try creating a shortcut on your Home screen & you'll see the same results. It was changed in Kodi 17, seems the ",return" function no longer works. There's a thread about it on the forums somewhere.

WOW! How could they do this? I can't create a shortcut from any addon! Well without having to hit the back button multiple times. It takes aways from a streamlined experience. WTF. Do you think this will something they will address? UGH 17 is not so good.
(2017-03-08, 10:17)newshielduser2k Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 22:13)LouisM Wrote: I created a folder and placed all my favourite tv car shows in it. Worked fine for 3 days and then today when I click on a show, there is nothing there and it boots me out back to the main screen. I have not changed location of super favs or any other settings. This is on an android tv box.

Similar problem, seems like kodi was stuck trying to update this addon on my android TV (nvidia shield) so after waiting for several minutes I unplugged the power and rebooted, when kodi was back up all my favorites were gone from Tools > Favorites.

Eventually I reloaded the super favourites addon, and I've recovered maybe 60% of the files I had favorited.

It would be great if the first post in this thread would detail in what folder the xml favorites file is located, or locations where it might have been with previous builds. I'm pretty sure there is a complete list of all the favorites I had saved somewhere on the box, but I haven't found it yet.

They are the Super Favourites addon folder located in the user_data folder, from memory I think it's called program.super.favourites and then in there, there is a folder called Super Favourites, all the xml files are in there and the sub-folders found in there.

Sent from my iPhone
Anything from the Kodi developers adding back the "return" function? This is absolute garbage. I had an addon set to a certian view "list" through SF. Now that it goes to the addon main menu which is preset to thumbnail with no way to set it in settings only SF. But reverts back to thumbs every time now.
(2017-03-19, 02:58)aaddaamm1111 Wrote: Anything from the Kodi developers adding back the "return" function? This is absolute garbage. I had an addon set to a certian view "list" through SF. Now that it goes to the addon main menu which is preset to thumbnail with no way to set it in settings only SF. But reverts back to thumbs every time now.

Doesn't sound like your problem is related to the "return" issue (anyone got a link to that thread?).

SF cannot set the view type if another addon, it can only set its own.

Have you tried changing the view type whilst in the other addon?

Which addon is it, it might be setting the view type itself?
Would it be possible to access the standard movie bookmarks in Krypton and recall them as Super Favourites?
That would be awesome!
Thanx for any hints!
Hi,

I'm having an issue with the Super Favourites add-on running in OSMC on my Raspberry Pi 3. If I make any changes at all to the Super Favourites settings - for example sorting alphabetically, disabling the "Create New Super Folder" menu item, disabling the menu spacer, etc - the next time I open Super Favourites it takes me into an empty "Movies" folder with no files and no navigation options so I can't back out of the folder. This happens whether I access Super Favourites through the add-ons menu or through the custom shortcut I set up for it in the main OSMC menu, and renders Super Favourites useless since I can't access any of my "super folders" where my favorites are saved (other than the empty "Movies" folder that Super Favourites gets "stuck" in).

Deleting the settings.xml file at /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites makes Super Favourites start working again. This of course wipes out any settings changes I had made and returns everything to default. Essentially if that settings.xml files contains any non-default settings, this issue occurs.

I've tried deleting the folder at /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites as well but that only removes the Super Favourites add-on from my system. When I reinstall the add-on the problem still occurs until I trash the settings.xml file in the /userdata/addon_data folder. I poked around but couldn't find any other files that were obviously related to Super Favourites.

I'm running:

OSMC build 2017.03-1
Kodi 17.1
Super Favourites 1.0.43
Rasperry Pi 3 model B

Any help is much appreciated. At the very least I would like to be able to sort my Super Favourites alphabetically to match the sorting of my local files, and of course it would be ideal if I didn't have to wipe out all of my previously saved favorites.

Thanks!
I really enjoyed your Super Favorites add-on under Kodi Jarvis. It was fast and very responsive. I recently upgraded to Kodi Krypton and the add-on seems to take a lot longer to display various menus and also has a few behavioral issues.
I was originally running version 1.0.43 on a Raspberry Pi and decided to upgrade to version 1.0.9 to see if the new version would make a difference. Unfortunately it's just as sluggish as 1.0.43. Any suggestions on how I can make SF run faster?

Sent from my GT-P3113
(2017-04-03, 03:41)jmooremcc Wrote: I really enjoyed your Super Favorites add-on under Kodi Jarvis. It was fast and very responsive. I recently upgraded to Kodi Krypton and the add-on seems to take a lot longer to display various menus and also has a few behavioral issues.
I was originally running version 1.0.43 on a Raspberry Pi and decided to upgrade to version 1.0.9 to see if the new version would make a difference. Unfortunately it's just as sluggish as 1.0.43. Any suggestions on how I can make SF run faster?

Sent from my GT-P3113 (typie typie)

1.09? the latest version is 1.0.56
(2017-04-05, 14:56)nawo69 Wrote:
(2017-04-03, 03:41)jmooremcc Wrote: I really enjoyed your Super Favorites add-on under Kodi Jarvis. It was fast and very responsive. I recently upgraded to Kodi Krypton and the add-on seems to take a lot longer to display various menus and also has a few behavioral issues.

Why am i seeing latest only 1.0.43? Where is 1.0.56?
(2017-04-03, 02:42)Iammattp Wrote: Hi,

I'm having an issue with the Super Favourites add-on running in OSMC on my Raspberry Pi 3. If I make any changes at all to the Super Favourites settings - for example sorting alphabetically, disabling the "Create New Super Folder" menu item, disabling the menu spacer, etc - the next time I open Super Favourites it takes me into an empty "Movies" folder with no files and no navigation options so I can't back out of the folder. This happens whether I access Super Favourites through the add-ons menu or through the custom shortcut I set up for it in the main OSMC menu, and renders Super Favourites useless since I can't access any of my "super folders" where my favorites are saved (other than the empty "Movies" folder that Super Favourites gets "stuck" in).

Deleting the settings.xml file at /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites makes Super Favourites start working again. This of course wipes out any settings changes I had made and returns everything to default. Essentially if that settings.xml files contains any non-default settings, this issue occurs.

I've tried deleting the folder at /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites as well but that only removes the Super Favourites add-on from my system. When I reinstall the add-on the problem still occurs until I trash the settings.xml file in the /userdata/addon_data folder. I poked around but couldn't find any other files that were obviously related to Super Favourites.

I'm running:

OSMC build 2017.03-1
Kodi 17.1
Super Favourites 1.0.43
Rasperry Pi 3 model B

Any help is much appreciated. At the very least I would like to be able to sort my Super Favourites alphabetically to match the sorting of my local files, and of course it would be ideal if I didn't have to wipe out all of my previously saved favorites.

Thanks!

Any chance you can upload the settings.xml once it has become "corrupt" and I'll see if a can see anything unusual.
(2017-04-05, 16:54)aankkurr Wrote:
(2017-04-05, 14:56)nawo69 Wrote:

The latest version is available from my repo.

I've never got round to submitting it to the official repo, not enough hours in the day!
(2017-04-05, 22:22)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-04-05, 16:54)aankkurr Wrote:
(2017-04-05, 14:56)nawo69 Wrote: 1.09? the latest version is 1.0.56

The latest version is available from my repo.

I've never got round to submitting it to the official repo, not enough hours in the day!
Where is your repo? Not seeing on description
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6