• 90(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
SF is the best program add-on period. That being said i'm having the same issues as a lot of people getting it to work as a widget in arctic zepher skin. it keeps going to root video menu. not super folder. what is the correct path i should be typing in for android? Using plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?folder="folder name here". Widget will show the correct faves inside the folder but once selected goes straight to root video menu. any way to disable root menu all together? or a fix would be great. Thanks!!
I'm going to install that skin and see what I can find.

Leave it with me.
(2016-01-22, 20:06)spoyser Wrote: I'm going to install that skin and see what I can find.

Leave it with me.

This is great news. I also use Arctic Zephyr and have this problem. I look forward to hear your findings.
(2016-01-23, 15:52)PixelJunkie77 Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 20:06)spoyser Wrote: I'm going to install that skin and see what I can find.

Leave it with me.

This is great news. I also use Arctic Zephyr and have this problem. I look forward to hear your findings.

Okay I've installed the skin, how do I setup a widget, all I seem to be able to do us set its label Sad

Edit
Right I think I've sussed out how to setup the widget, it is the thing that then appears in the Spotlight box right?

It seems to work okay whilst selecting Super Folders themselves but not when selecting Kodi folders, I assume that is the problem people are referring to?
(2016-01-24, 15:02)spoyser Wrote:

Leave it with me.

Okay I've installed the skin, how do I setup a widget, all I seem to be able to do us set its label Sad

Edit
Right I think I've sussed out how to setup the widget, it is the thing that then appears in the Spotlight box right?

It seems to work okay whilst selecting Super Folders themselves but not when selecting Kodi folders, I assume that is the problem people are referring to?

The problem is when you use a SF folder as a widget (like his), you can click an item from that folder in the widget, but you get redirected to the general video menu instead of the actual content of the super folder (a list of seasons in my example). When I click on the regular menu button (named 'Pulsar' in my case) you get in the super folder and it works like normal.

At least that's what I think what other people are experiencing as well.
Hi spoyser

It's a great add on!

I really liked the isearch option,
but unfortunately it doesn't detect all searches options.

Can you add an option in the setting to add searches path manually ?

Thanks.
(2015-12-27, 05:57)NewYears1978 Wrote: %appdata%/kodi/media/Spash.png

Not sure about android but I assume it's the same. There won't be an image in there by default. Putting an image in there acts as an override.

(2016-01-24, 23:10)ulTimaS Wrote:
(2016-01-23, 15:52)PixelJunkie77 Wrote: This is great news. I also use Arctic Zephyr and have this problem. I look forward to hear your findings.

Edit

The problem is when you use a SF folder as a widget (like his), you can click an item from that folder in the widget, but you get redirected to the general video menu instead of the actual content of the super folder (a list of seasons in my example). When I click on the regular menu button (named 'Pulsar' in my case) you get in the super folder and it works like normal.

At least that's what I think what other people are experiencing as well.

yes that is exactly it. is there a way to not show the root video folder? or just get rid of it all together?
Any progress?

Leave it with me.

Edit

and even more annoying than that, the video menu will pop up in-between pages constantly, so if you create a folder full of searches items from different add ons, and click one, it will open the video menu then open the virtual keyboard and you will have to back out of it, it will happen randomly in a lot of other situations also.
Hi Spoyser,

Fantastic addon! IMO, Kodi should have this as standard. I have the same bug as 'thekid' mentioned. When I press back after entering any video addon, it takes me to the "Files", "Playlists", "Video Add-ons" screen rather than back to the Super Favourite folder I created. However when you press "back" again, it goes back to the Super Favorites folder (you have to push back twice).

Is there a work around? Or do you know why it goes back to this screen rather than the Super Favourites folder?

I know its not an issue, but would be nice to work around it as the rest works flawlessly Smile

My setup: Openelec 6.0.0 (Kodi Isengard) on Raspberry Pi 2 using the "Amber" skin. Addons are Genesis, Phoenix, YouTube, LiveLeak.

Thanks again for the hard work bud!

Scott

(2014-12-03, 08:33)thekid Wrote: hey awesome addon! i was messing with it and its working great but I am having the same issue I think. I created 1 folder called Movies. Inside that I created a folder called Latest. Inside Latest I have some favorites. When I navigated to the favorites it works fine but when I press back instead of going back to the latest folder, it brings me to "the standard XBMC Video menu page. (The one that opens when you click on the "Video" tab on the home screen. Files, Videos, Playlists etc)" and requires pressing back a second time to get to Latest. I am using gotham 13.2 Aeon nox 5. thanks for the help !!
(2016-01-27, 21:14)RetroScotty Wrote: Hi Spoyser,

Fantastic addon! IMO, Kodi should have this as standard. I have the same bug as 'thekid' mentioned. When I press back after entering any video addon, it takes me to the "Files", "Playlists", "Video Add-ons" screen rather than back to the Super Favourite folder I created. However when you press "back" again, it goes back to the Super Favorites folder (you have to push back twice).

Is there a work around? Or do you know why it goes back to this screen rather than the Super Favourites folder?

I know its not an issue, but would be nice to work around it as the rest works flawlessly Smile

My setup: Openelec 6.0.0 (Kodi Isengard) on Raspberry Pi 2 using the "Amber" skin. Addons are Genesis, Phoenix, YouTube, LiveLeak.

Scott

(2014-12-03, 08:33)thekid Wrote: hey awesome addon! i was messing with it and its working great but I am having the same issue I think. I created 1 folder called Movies. Inside that I created a folder called Latest. Inside Latest I have some favorites. When I navigated to the favorites it works fine but when I press back instead of going back to the latest folder, it brings me to "the standard XBMC Video menu page. (The one that opens when you click on the "Video" tab on the home screen. Files, Videos, Playlists etc)" and requires pressing back a second time to get to Latest. I am using gotham 13.2 Aeon nox 5. thanks for the help !!

If the addon you launch from Super Favourites is the same content type as the menu you launched SF from it shouldn't need the double back press.

If it is a different type it has to change to the windows first, hence having to press back twice.

So if you launch SF from the video menu, and then choose a video addon from within SF it should behave.
(2016-01-27, 05:48)aaddaamm1111 Wrote: Any progress?

Still looking, nothing obvious jumps out. So going to dig deeper over the weekend and see what I can find.
(2016-01-29, 19:34)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-01-27, 21:14)RetroScotty Wrote: Hi Spoyser,

Scott

If the addon you launch from Super Favourites is the same content type as the menu you launched SF from it shouldn't need the double back press.

If it is a different type it has to change to the windows first, hence having to press back twice.

So if you launch SF from the video menu, and then choose a video addon from within SF it should behave.

Thanks Spoyser!

All working and going back to the Super Favourite folder skipping the "Files", "Playlists", "Video Add-ons" screen now. My error was adding the SF folders to Kodi favourites from addons/programs/super favourites, when I should have added them from videos/addons/super favourites. Which seems obvious now lol.

F.Y.I: I am launching the SF folders from the home screen.

Thanks for the help and the awesome addon Smile

Scott
Love the SF addon Spoyser.

I do notice one bug. I now cannot edit my kodi favorites. I used to hit menu and was given options to move up or down or remove a favorite. Nothing happens now when I hit menu under my favorites. Any fix for this?

Thanks.
(2016-01-30, 16:28)Axxel6307 Wrote: Love the SF addon Spoyser.

I do notice one bug. I now cannot edit my kodi favorites. I used to hit menu and was given options to move up or down or remove a favorite. Nothing happens now when I hit menu under my favorites. Any fix for this?

Thanks.

I believe this is fixed in the latest version available in my repo (1.0.42 I think)

Otherwise you'll have to disable the SF global menu.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6