• 92(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
Hi Spoyser Great work. Been using SF for a while now without any issues. Recently tho I've been playing about with titan skin using the netflix style home menu layout on kodi 16 jarvis and have encountered a few niggles mainly due to the widgets. Have tried both 1.0.45 & 46. 1.0.45 wouldn't open the addons at all but I managed a partial work around by changing active window to 10001, while this allowed all addons to be accessed from home screen and access to all sub menus the final selection which would play the stream was unresponsive on a number of addons. On 1.0.46 the troublesome addons appear to open then return to the home screen. I would be grateful if you could offer any advice.
(2016-02-03, 21:17)ahorne82 Wrote: Hi Spoyser Great work. Been using SF for a while now without any issues. Recently tho I've been playing about with titan skin using the netflix style home menu layout on kodi 16 jarvis and have encountered a few niggles mainly due to the widgets. Have tried both 1.0.45 & 46. 1.0.45 wouldn't open the addons at all but I managed a partial work around by changing active window to 10001, while this allowed all addons to be accessed from home screen and access to all sub menus the final selection which would play the stream was unresponsive on a number of addons. On 1.0.46 the troublesome addons appear to open then return to the home screen. I would be grateful if you could offer any advice.

Which addons?
(2016-02-03, 04:17)watermouf Wrote: I am having issues in 15.2 with the new 1.0.46 when I try to edit the menu using context the favourties.xml seems to get corrupted or nothing happens.

The widgets I can confirm also work in titan, I had youtube channel folders that did not launch before and now they do.
but "linked" aka "shortcuted" folders do not.

Also secondary question is there anyway to sort folders if you have multiple folders in same dir ?
If I add it as a link I can sort the folder, but when I click back, it jumps back to superfavourites main menu, and not the previous sub folder I was in prior.
Would love a way to sort folder, or to go back to a previous subfolder using linked folders.

Thanks, let me know if you need a debug log but I am having same issue on another device, so guessing it has something to do with latest update.

Just pushed a quick fix that should sort out the corruption.

I'll look into the folder issue (did it work okay in 1.0.45?)

(Sorting folders has always been on my todo list - just never thought of a way of implementing it yet LOL)
(2016-02-03, 12:03)smurff33 Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 11:47)smurff33 Wrote:
(2016-02-02, 09:23)spoyser Wrote: It already adds itself to the standard context menu on Isengard and above,

Just disable the global menu in the SF settings.

I am running Kodi 16 and the super favs menu does not appear in all addons when I select the context menu, i had globel option selected but have now unticked as mentioned above but this still does not make the super favs option appear in all addons using the context menu?

I am using the addon from your repo is that right or use the kodi one?

any suggestions as to why please, really liking the addon Smile

Got this working now in all addons Smile but have to have the globel context menu option ticked for it show show up in all addons, maybe this is due to kodi 16?

no problem just thought i would update you Smile thank again for all yur hard work on this addon Smile

Some addons replace all the items on the context menu, maybe it was one of them?
(2016-02-03, 13:43)mariofenech Wrote: Mine is also corrupting my xml when trying to edit my super favs like trying to add thumbs to favs or changing text colours..it's only happeneing the last couple of days...need to re edit them manually with notepad...a lot of window numbers are adding in front of the playmedia command

Example this is what happened when using edit colourize name

<favourite name="Paw Patrol" thumb="/var/media/SANDISK 16G/Playlists Icons/pawpatrol.png">10001_:_PlayMedia(&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Paw Patrol.m3u?sf_options=winID%3D10001%26_options_sf&quotWink</favourite>

It added "10001_:_ " infront of PlayMedia of all the favourites in that list instead of editing the title

When using move up/move down this is what happened

<favourite name="Paw Patrol" thumb="/var/media/SANDISK 16G/Playlists Icons/pawpatrol.png">10025_:_10025_:_PlayMedia(&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Paw Patrol.m3u?sf_options=winID%3D10025%26_options_sf&quotWink</favourite>

This time it added 10025 instead

If it helps I am also on 15.2 using openelec 6.0.1 on rpi2
Thanks

Should be fixed in 1.0.46.1 - Thanks for the heads up and for debugging it for me Smile
(2016-02-03, 22:06)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 21:17)ahorne82 Wrote: Hi Spoyser Great work. Been using SF for a while now without any issues. Recently tho I've been playing about with titan skin using the netflix style home menu layout on kodi 16 jarvis and have encountered a few niggles mainly due to the widgets. Have tried both 1.0.45 & 46. 1.0.45 wouldn't open the addons at all but I managed a partial work around by changing active window to 10001, while this allowed all addons to be accessed from home screen and access to all sub menus the final selection which would play the stream was unresponsive on a number of addons. On 1.0.46 the troublesome addons appear to open then return to the home screen. I would be grateful if you could offer any advice.

Which addons?

Sorry wasn't sure if I was allowed to say which addons. The main ones were uk turk, njm soccer, money sports, sports devil, velocity and project free tv
(2016-02-03, 22:29)ahorne82 Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 22:06)spoyser Wrote:

Which addons?

Sorry wasn't sure if I was allowed to say which addons. The main ones were uk turk, njm soccer, money sports, sports devil, velocity and project free tv

Your not allowed to mention most (if not all of them) but chances are it is the addons not SF at fault, especially given that you say the sub menus work.
(2016-02-03, 23:36)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 22:29)ahorne82 Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 22:06)spoyser Wrote: Which addons?

Your not allowed to mention most (if not all of them) but chances are it is the addons not SF at fault, especially given that you say the sub menus work.

Ah ok so nothing that can be done with this then
(2016-02-03, 23:45)ahorne82 Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 23:36)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 22:29)ahorne82 Wrote: Sorry wasn't sure if I was allowed to say which addons. The main ones were uk turk, njm soccer, money sports, sports devil, velocity and project free tv

Looks that way
(2016-02-03, 23:54)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 23:45)ahorne82 Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 23:36)spoyser Wrote: Your not allowed to mention most (if not all of them) but chances are it is the addons not SF at fault, especially given that you say the sub menus work.

Looks that way

OK pal cheers for your hard work and taking time to answer my queries
Hi Spoyser thanks for all your help and hard work...I ll wait for the update as I m able to fix manually for now...was just worrying me a bit till I found out what was going on as none of the favaourites effected where playing...the strange thing is that it was editing all favs in that xml not just that particular one I was editing..

it's not a show stopper at all...
edit;Ok just seen that you already pushed an update
(2016-01-18, 07:37)santos954 Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 03:07)mrheatmiser Wrote: I looked high and low for the answer to this and could only find correspondance between 2 users that never seemed to get a solution to the problem.

1) I hope I am posting to the right subforum

2) I hope the previous users who posted the problem don't mind me using their exact description since they have described it far better than I could.

"craig1974 Wrote:
Right now, I am using Super Favorites with a link on the home screen to a specific "Super Favorite" - i.e. lets say I have NASA livestreams and videos under one Super Favorite called "Space" and there's a shortcut to "Space" on the home screen.

Here's what I need to know - at times (not always, but at times) if I go into "Space" and browse a menu but then hit the back button (or backspace on a keyboard) I get what I believe to be the Videos,root menu (The one with Videos, Playlists, and Add-Ons listed as options).. if I hit back again, I get back to the root of my "Space" Super Favorite.

Is there ANY WAY to either remove the "Add-Ons" option off that videos,root menu or to stop that behavior from occurring (where it won't load that menu) - it seems like it happens no matter what skin I'm in but I happen to rather like yours for aesthetic purposes so I figured I'd ask since, well, you're the expert

-------------------------------------
I will try to replicate the issue and see what i can do.
let's see if i understand correctly. from home you enter a favourite added to one of the panel icons. then you navigate to another submenu. Then if you go back you end up in video root.
I really believe this is dependent on the addon navigation and how it writes the window history . Give me a minute to investigate and I'll get back to you.
-------------------------------------

Correct (And, by the way, I bet you're spot on with the thinking its driven by the addon navigation's window history stuff as it does NOT happen with all add-ons / menus). For this specific project I'm attempting, I'd be perfectly happy with just the "Add-Ons" option to be removed from the video root menu.. I'm just not sure how to do so (even though I think it can be done?)"

I am experiencing the exact same problem as the above. Can anybody help? Thanks beforehand.

Were you ever to find an answer to this problem? i have it too and its driving me nuts

Please, can anybody answer?
hello Spoyser, great addon, but i have a problem: when i go back from a favorite it doesn't back to the SF folder its go first to the video root folder then i need to press back again to get back to the SF folder.
i tried to solve it by deleting the 10025 from the line ActivateWindow(10025, ;plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=tvshows&... in the favourites.xml file
it worked but it disabled all of the views and the movie information.
if you don't understand what i mean i recorded the problem in this video: https://youtu.be/-7mhAZzABkQ

please help me to solve this problem.
(2016-02-06, 23:51)dontel Wrote: hello Spoyser, great addon, but i have a problem: when i go back from a favorite it doesn't back to the SF folder its go first to the video root folder then i need to press back again to get back to the SF folder.
i tried to solve it by deleting the 10025 from the line ActivateWindow(10025, ;plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=tvshows&... in the favourites.xml file
if you don't understand what i mean i recorded the problem in this video: https://youtu.be/-7mhAZzABkQ

When you initially launch SF do it from the Videos menu, not the programs menu.
(2016-02-07, 17:13)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-06, 23:51)dontel Wrote: hello Spoyser, great addon, but i have a problem: when i go back from a favorite it doesn't back to the SF folder its go first to the video root folder then i need to press back again to get back to the SF folder.

When you initially launch SF do it from the Videos menu, not the programs menu.

now it's working, thank you for your help
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6