• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
spoyser... so who do I contact to find out how to get the (Non Geo) Channels in F.T.V to work longer than 24 hours? The Local Channels still work. Strange huh, lol... Thanks Smile
Try googling xbmc f.t.v that should point you in the right direction
Smile 
Hello,

I really love your add-on; it works great, and it is very intuitive. But, for users like myself that use a MYSQL server to store their xbmc favorites so they can be shared among several systems; I was wondering if it would be possible to incorporate a new feature that would allow the user to browse to a location they would like their Super Favorites folder to be stored? Thanks. And, keep up the great work!
Not promising, but I'll have a look into it for you.
Wink 
Thanks spoyser, I appreciate your help and quick response.
(2014-04-19, 17:52)spoyser Wrote: Ever thought, wouldn't it be cool if all the best bits of XBMC, just the bits that you personally (or your family) use, were all in one easy to use Super-Addon?

Well, now you can, with Super Favourites.

Basically if you can add it to XBMC favourites, you can add it to Super Favourites.

In a nutshell this addon allows you to create you own custom Super-Addon (launchable via a configurable F-Key) with the best bits of all your favourite addons, along with the bits of XBMC that you use the most.

Search your favourite addons, play your favourite music, read your favourite comic strips, select your favourite playlists, browse your favourite movies, listen to your favourite radio stations, watch your favourite cartoons, the possibilities are endless, all from within one Super-Addon.

Usage
Add what you want from an any addon (or built in XBMC feature) to XBMC favourites, eg say from the YouTube addon you just want Search and the Sports Category, just add these to XBMC favourites the normal way via the context menu.

Next start up Super Favourites from the Programs Menu (you can of course add Super Favourites itself to XBMC favourites, you can also configure an F-Key via the settings to start it up).

Initially you will get a list containing just 2 items (these can be hidden later via the settings and then accessed via the context menu to make the list neater should you wish)

These items are:

New Super Folder (allows you to create a new folder at the current level, folders within folders are also possible)

XBMC Favourites (allows you to browse XBMC favourites)

Click the New Super Folder and create a folder called YouTube

Then click on the XBMC favourites option.

You will see the 2 favourites you previously added (plus any other favourites already in there).

Now open the context menu on the Search item and select Move Favourite, you will be presented with a folder browse dialog, select the Folder called Super Favourites, followed by the folder that you just created called YouTube, okay this.

Repeat this for the Sports Category item; you have now moved both items out of your XBMC favourites into the Super Folder called YouTube, so hit back and then select the YouTube Super Folder, there you will find your 2 favourites, these can now be renamed if you want via the context menu.

Simple eh!

Now go back and repeat for all your favourite bits of all your favourite addons.

How about a Super Favourite folder each for all family members, you got it!

You can also add playlists, links to your library, full addons, you name it, Super Favourites can do it, and if it can’t the let me know and I see if I can add it!

Remember “if you can add it to XBMC favourites, you can add it to Super Favourites.”

Super Favourites is available in the official XBMC repo under programs,

Please post any comments, bugs, criticisms, and especially feature suggestions.

Also very useful for those skins that don't support favourites particularly well.

Coming soon very…
Choose thumbnails for favourites and folder
Move favourites up and down (just like in XBMC favourites)
Import profiles into Super Favourites
Password protect sub-folders
Add To Super Favourites directly from ANY addon!

Do you have a git I can fork? I would like to add some features to allow this plugin to export it's "Super Favorites" as channels to my plugin, would you pull a feature like this?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-05-05, 23:48)Lunatixz Wrote: Do you have a git I can fork? I would like to add some features to allow this plugin to export it's "Super Favorites" as channels to my plugin, would you pull a feature like this?

Here it is, I look forward to seeing what your are proposing, could it be done it such a way that it doesn't become addon specific?

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...favourites

This version is actually 1.0.3 which has a lot more functionality than in the current version in the official XBMC repo (1.0.3 was submitted for inclusion yesterday but the team probably had more important issue to resolve Smile

I think the most exciting feature is that it allows you to override the XBMC context menu which allows you to create favourites from just about anywhere, including addons without that feature.

If you need a hand with my code let me know.
(2014-05-06, 00:08)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 23:48)Lunatixz Wrote: Do you have a git I can fork? I would like to add some features to allow this plugin to export it's "Super Favorites" as channels to my plugin, would you pull a feature like this?

Here it is, I look forward to seeing what your are proposing, could it be done it such a way that it doesn't become addon specific?

https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/...favourites

This version is actually 1.0.3 which has a lot more functionality than in the current version in the official XBMC repo (1.0.3 was submitted for inclusion yesterday but the team probably had more important issue to resolve Smile

I think the most exciting feature is that it allows you to override the XBMC context menu which allows you to create favourites from just about anywhere, including addons without that feature.

If you need a hand with my code let me know.

Unfortunately this would only be for Pseudotv live, not sure I could add anything Universal. I would basically create a chtype that supports your super favorite storing method. Then add a context menu option to export that data as a pseudotv channel.
If you have any ideas, I would love to know... thanks for the git link...
Version 1.0.3 Now in the official XBMC repo

Changes include:

- Improved handling of non-ascii characters
- Add back to XBMC favourites for both folders and favourites
- Overide standard context menu, allows direct Adding to Super Favourites from any addon
- Added Move Up / Move Down
- Super Favourites now launch properly from within Super Favourites
- Choose Thumbnails for Super Favourites and Super Folders (including built in icons when using Confluence or ReTouched)
- Coloured text works correctly in favourite names
(2014-05-06, 00:58)Lunatixz Wrote: Unfortunately this would only be for Pseudotv live, not sure I could add anything Universal. I would basically create a chtype that supports your super favorite storing method. Then add a context menu option to export that data as a pseudotv channel.

No worries, give it a whirl and let me know how you get on, any questions drop me a PM.

Cheers!

(The favourites are actually stored in files in exactly the same format as the XBMC favourites file, the files are just stored in the addons userdata folder)
Great!
Just tried out the new feature about "Overide Standard Context Menu" - it is pretty useful! Thanks Spoyser!
I have quick question: How do I get back "Standard Context Menu" on other add-ons?
Please advise!
Thanks again in advanced!
(2014-05-08, 21:54)IHME Wrote: Great!
Just tried out the new feature about "Overide Standard Context Menu" - it is pretty useful! Thanks!
I have quick question: How do I get back "Standard Context Menu" on other add-ons?
Please advise!
Thanks again in advanced!

You can either turn the feature off, then the addon menus will be back to normal.

Or from the override menu just select the bottom option labelled Standard Context Menu and this will then show the addons menu.

What I do is switch the feature on, get all the stuff I want into Super Faves and then switch it back off.

Hope that helps.
(2014-05-08, 21:16)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-05-06, 00:58)Lunatixz Wrote: Unfortunately this would only be for Pseudotv live, not sure I could add anything Universal. I would basically create a chtype that supports your super favorite storing method. Then add a context menu option to export that data as a pseudotv channel.

No worries, give it a whirl and let me know how you get on, any questions drop me a PM.

Cheers!

(The favorites are actually stored in files in exactly the same format as the XBMC favorites file, the files are just stored in the addons userdata folder)

On further examination I found my approach was more complex then it had to be.... I changed my methods in order to use my preexisting code for parsing plugins... Basically no modifications had to me made to your plugin.
I am also working on a universal context menu option that I hope Dev's will incorporate into their plugins, it will allow plugins to forward links or directory's to PseudoTV Live for parsing...

Thanks for the great work... I posted a link to your work on my thread, hopefully send some traffic this way Smile
(2014-04-23, 04:54)dillonkmh Wrote: I just started using the Super Favorites a couple days ago. I like this lots, but I have one complaint of something not working properly and I believe this happens in the main Favorites as well. Filmon channels... they work in the Super Favorites for about 24 hours... then all of a sudden they just won't connect to the streams any more. Now this don't happen to all of Filmon Channels... almost all channels stop working except for the Local Channels section , they for some reason still work. Please, is there any way to fix this? I would be one happy person if you could. Thanks, Don

Oh... I just remembered another issue... but please my last post first Smile

The Mashup Channels, they all connect for a second, then all disconnect. Strange that most all Filmon Channels connect and stop all around the same time right around 24 hours of working them stop working.

Cheers, Don

Had the same problem with Mashup, Solution instead of adding espn directly to super favorites add sport to super favorites, works for me with all the live tv channels, hope it works for you
Any chance you can make a small change to your plugin... if it's possible...

I noticed if you create a folder, copy a favorite directory. Then query super fav in json it returns the directory as a file not a directory.

Anyway to have it return it's true identity (directory)?

Root returns files and directories correctly...
Code:
{
            "file": "plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Channel_100&mode=400&path=D%3A%5CXBMC%5Cportable_data%5Cuserdata%5Caddon_data%5Cplugin.program.super.favourites%5CSuper+Favourites%5CChannel_100",
            "filetype": "directory",
            "label": "Channel_100",
            "type": "unknown"
        },

Within a custom folder return is correct...but
Code:
{
    "files": [
        {
            "file": "plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Create+New+Super+Folder&mode=500&path=D%3A%5CXBMC%5Cportable_data%5Cuserdata%5Caddon_data%5Cplugin.program.super.favourites%5CSuper+Favourites%5CChannel_100",
            "filetype": "file",
            "label": "Create New Super Folder",
        },
        {
            "file": "plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=&mode=0",
            "label": "",
        },
        {
            "file": "plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Explore+XBMC+favourites&mode=300",
            "filetype": "directory",
            "label": "Explore XBMC favourites",
        },
        {
            "file": "plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=&mode=0",
            "label": "",
        },
        {
            "file": "plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Latest+Episodes&mode=600&cmd=ActivateWindow%2810025%2C%22plugin%3A%2F%2Fplugin.video.cartoonworld%2F%3Fmode%3Dlatest%22%2Creturn%29",
            "label": "Latest Episodes",
        }
    ],
    "limits": {
        "end": 5,
        "start": 0,
        "total": 5
    }
}

If you have a directory within the custom folder, it's listed as a file. "Latest Episodes is a directory"
Code:
{
            "file": "plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?label=Latest+Episodes&mode=600&cmd=ActivateWindow%2810025%2C%22plugin%3A%2F%2Fplugin.video.cartoonworld%2F%3Fmode%3Dlatest%22%2Creturn%29",
            "label": "Latest Episodes",
        }
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6