• 30(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
The way I see things , helping us find solutions is also hard work and deserve as much appreciation and recognition.
Your thanks is recognition enough Smile
Hi All,

Being a little nit picky here but, I have a super favorites folder with with 3 regular favorites (live news streams) within it. They are from the phoenix addon. I then added the folder to a submenu on my home screen. When i click it i go directly to screen (nothing in it) then takes like 1 or 2 secs before it goes to the actual super folder (named news).

I know 1 or 2 seconds doesn't seem like a lot but the rest of the ux is very snappy. Its a win7 box with a i7.

any recommendations would be welcome

EDIT: adding log snip

18:29:10 T:4676 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:29:11 T:4676 NOTICE: Super Favourites V1.0.27.6 : ?label=News&mode=400&path=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Fuserdata%5Caddon_data%5Cplugin.program.super.favourites%5CSuper%20Favourites%5CNews
18:29:11 T:4676 NOTICE: Super Favourites V1.0.27.6 : ['plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/', '86', '?label=News&mode=400&path=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Fuserdata%5Caddon_data%5Cplugin.program.super.favourites%5CSuper%20Favourites%5CNews']
18:29:11 T:4676 NOTICE: Super Favourites V1.0.27.6 : Mode = 400
18:29:12 T:4676 NOTICE: Super Favourites V1.0.27.6 : cmd = None

I enabled debug i'm assuming it dumps in reg logs?
(2015-02-26, 00:40)geopgin Wrote: Hi All,

Being a little nit picky here but, I have a super favorites folder with with 3 regular favorites (live news streams) within it. They are from the phoenix addon. I then added the folder to a submenu on my home screen. When i click it i go directly to screen (nothing in it) then takes like 1 or 2 secs before it goes to the actual super folder (named news).

I know 1 or 2 seconds doesn't seem like a lot but the rest of the ux is very snappy. Its a win7 box with a i7.

any recommendations would be welcome

EDIT: adding log snip

18:29:10 T:4676 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:29:11 T:4676 NOTICE: Super Favourites V1.0.27.6 : ?label=News&mode=400&path=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Fuserdata%5Caddon_data%5Cplugin.program.super.favourites%5CSuper%20Favourites%5CNews
18:29:11 T:4676 NOTICE: Super Favourites V1.0.27.6 : ['plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/', '86', '?label=News&mode=400&path=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Fuserdata%5Caddon_data%5Cplugin.program.super.favourites%5CSuper%20Favourites%5CNews']
18:29:11 T:4676 NOTICE: Super Favourites V1.0.27.6 : Mode = 400
18:29:12 T:4676 NOTICE: Super Favourites V1.0.27.6 : cmd = None

I enabled debug i'm assuming it dumps in reg logs?

I can have a look into the speed, but you need to remember you are actually starting up a python addon when you click the folder, most addons take some time to start because the python script has to be parsed.
Thanks for looking into it. i'm sure i can learn to live with if you can't find anything
Hi spoyser

I noticed a few pages back somebody ask about having a option to add import to the menu. Would this be possible do you think ?

Also it was asked if this feature would be able to delete any previous menu an overwrite it with the imported menu. I to have noticed if you change the name of a folder it will just duplicate that folder

Anyway keep up the great work sf is a game changer
Hi Spoyser,

My question is related to the above really, I have seen many requests for the update list option and did see the above about the delete and replace.

I know currently you have the import feature running and it is handy, however, I was wondering on what the likely hood is of seeing the update feature added.

For one I would love to see an option to download an updated list each time a favourite link is pressed or maybe once when the plugin is called, I would also love to see the option to choose either importing links (ie adding), Updating links (updating) or replacing list entirely.

I just wondered if you will be adding any of the above functions and if you are, an idea of maybe when you will?
Hi, Just wondering if anybody is experiencing problems exporting favourites ver.1.0.27.6

Mine is only giving me an option of a Kodi directory located at : /Users/andy/Library/Application Support/Kodi ?
(2015-03-21, 00:48)AndroidMan Wrote: Hi Spoyser,

My question is related to the above really, I have seen many requests for the update list option and did see the above about the delete and replace.

I know currently you have the import feature running and it is handy, however, I was wondering on what the likely hood is of seeing the update feature added.

For one I would love to see an option to download an updated list each time a favourite link is pressed or maybe once when the plugin is called, I would also love to see the option to choose either importing links (ie adding), Updating links (updating) or replacing list entirely.

I just wondered if you will be adding any of the above functions and if you are, an idea of maybe when you will?

You can already have the import option appear as an item in the main SF list

Can you explain the difference between updating and adding.

Would a setting with these options work for you:

Always add
Always replace
Always ask

Add updates existing ones and adds the new ones

Replace removes existing ones and adds the new ones

Ask - asks which of the above 2 you want.

I'm a bit busy at moment but I'll try and squeeze it in ASAP
(2015-03-22, 08:59)spoyser Wrote:

Always add
Always replace
Always ask

That would be amazing Spoyser, how about the auto update favourites though?
hey love this addon. thanks for the excellant work. an enhancement request if its not too much trouble. i have favorites from various home screen categories such as videos, radio, live tv, and music. currently all my super favorite folders appear in all categories. i would like to be able to hide specific super favorite folders or items from view when in certain home screen categories. eg i want my live tv home screen category to have visable only my live tv folder or any item (link) i deem associated as a live tv link. similiarily, i only want my home screen category called `radio`to display only my radio station links or numerous radio station links contained in my `radio` super favorites folder. i was thinking of creating different folder names and assigning each kodi home screen category (live tv) a different folder by using the super favorites settings to change the path to the new folder super favorites directory.....but wasnt sure this would work so i chose to simply request the option.
(2015-03-29, 02:00)AndroidMan Wrote:
(2015-03-22, 08:59)spoyser Wrote:

Always add
Always replace
Always ask

That would be amazing Spoyser, how about the auto update favourites though?

What do you mean by auto update?
(2015-03-29, 21:57)homeflix Wrote: hey love this addon. thanks for the excellant work. an enhancement request if its not too much trouble. i have favorites from various home screen categories such as videos, radio, live tv, and music. currently all my super favorite folders appear in all categories. i would like to be able to hide specific super favorite folders or items from view when in certain home screen categories. eg i want my live tv home screen category to have visable only my live tv folder or any item (link) i deem associated as a live tv link. similiarily, i only want my home screen category called `radio`to display only my radio station links or numerous radio station links contained in my `radio` super favorites folder. i was thinking of creating different folder names and assigning each kodi home screen category (live tv) a different folder by using the super favorites settings to change the path to the new folder super favorites directory.....but wasnt sure this would work so i chose to simply request the option.

I'll have a think, see if I can think of neat way of doing it
Hi! First this addon is great. Thanks! <3

Second, i'm having a problem with it with the skin Arctic: Zephyr. Can you help?

I've set a folder with some favourites and mostly addons with super favourites.
In the skin Arctic, i've set that super favourites folder to a widget.
Eveytime time i open a item from that super favourites folder in the widget it goes to "Videos" page.
That does not happen with normal favourites. It's strange :/
I think he mean when the addon called it auto updates your menu from where ever you have it set.

So for instance if u had local file or Dropbox file or a file on your own webspace
When the addon is launched it could check if there a updated list.
Or alternatively if you press the uodate function on the menu as you suggested above this would download a file an replace the old files

At the minute the import will only add to your list it doesn't overwrite it if am correct. Sorry if am wrong ha

The option you have suggest are great. The ability to replace, add , ask they would work great.

Also change in topic

I've noticed when I add tv shows or movies to the list it doesn't pull the description in is this just me or does it not have the ability to do so.

Thanks for your time

Edit: I can confirm if u use the remote path feature it will connect to webspace sn install your zip. An updated files will be added. The issue is if u have renamed a file or folder it doesn't delete it. It just adds to the list so u get duplicated folders. Not sure about everybidy eles but the if it could just overwrite with the updated zip then that would work great.

If some users are wanting to be prompt on what to do then your idea of ask,replace would proberly be a great addition.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6