• 133(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
Yea and I have this issue on both the latest version and the 1.0.43 too. Not sure

Sent from my iPhone 6+
I've been thinking about whether to bother with this post for a while now, this is really just me getting things off my chest and I'm sure no one really cares what I have to say but I've finally decided to go ahead and write it regardless.

Over the last few months I have been subjected to contemptible treatment by a number of so-called "groups", individuals and groups of people claiming to be "there" for the benefit of the Kodi community.

These groups (in particular the numerous TV Guide groups that have sprung up, and also think of a 3 letter palindrome for your Grandma) are quite happy to palm my code of as their own, to use my addons to help sell their hardware, to take all the extra features I've added to Tommy's original TV Guide addon and claim ownership of it, to drive their builds via Super Favourites, and for one group in particular to push a whole hardware product based around the Super Favourites addon, whilst at the same time claiming my addon's are security risks. The same group who think it is perfectly okay to install on innocent people's devices obsfucated code that they didn't even write and have no idea what it does (and they have the cheek to call my code a security risk!!)

The same groups who shout from the towers that they don't charge for anything but yet they are constantly begging for donations.

The final straw was when these groups decided it was perfectly acceptable to arrange DDOS attacks on several of my websites. So it seems it is okay to use my code for your own benefit, to line your own pockets, but heaven forbid I personally should be allowed to use my own code - the code that I actually wrote - is that how it now works?

So I have now been forced to put into place very expensive security measures to prevent such attacks, these measure cost money; money which should be helping me provide for my family but instead is being wasted on security measures that are only necessary because of these so-called "groups" (you all know who you are) "just doing their bit" for the community.

So I have finally decided that I won't be spending anymore of my own personal time (only a true developer would really appreciate just how much time) developing or supporting any of my free kodi addons, whilst at the same time being forced to spend very large sums of money protecting my websites from a select few.
You are reporting a sad state of affairs; I can assure you the majority of people in this forum are appreciative of your efforts and contribution to Kodi and this forum. Nothing I say can mitigate what others have done and are doing and to profit from someone's efforts; it's a despicable selfish act that has come down to this. The whole project and all that is Kodi suffers and has been for quite a while, perhaps it's time to consider changing the hooks that make Kodi such a tempting target for these off shore box manufacturers.
spoyser,
Are you saying that you're no longer going to support Super Favourites and a few others of yours that I use? I hope not, but if so, then this is a sad day. I've been going to your github sites for a few days now so I knew something was up. I also knew your sites were under DDoS attack (found a quote by you on another site).

Best of luck. You're a good dude.

Regards,
Bob
(2016-09-02, 00:57)PatK Wrote: You are reporting a sad state of affairs; I can assure you the majority of people in this forum are appreciative of your efforts and contribution to Kodi and this forum. Nothing I say can mitigate what others have done and are doing and to profit from someone's efforts; it's a despicable selfish act that has come down to this. The whole project and all that is Kodi suffers and has been for quite a while, perhaps it's time to consider changing the hooks that make Kodi such a tempting target for these off shore box manufacturers.
So sorry it has come to this with you Spoyser, as all your addons were always top notch and your support was awesome. At this point what I have been observing, it has nothing to do with box sellers.

Addon's such as Spoysers, most box seller don;t even know what SF is. They don't customize their boxes at all. Just as easy to sell a fully loaded cheap box with Kodi and throw a bunch of addons on and sell them as is (no support) and take the money and run!

The main problem is the popularity of the 100,000's of people following all these Kodi youtubers!!! If anyone has been following youtube lately, you know what I mean. They have no regards to any of the devs, all they worry about is lining their pockets with Kodi traffic. Devs ask not to have their addon reviewed, and the YouTubers go and do it anyway. Now you have 600,000 people hammering the devs server and then goes down.

Seems lately all the YouTubers are having their sited DDOSed. It has really gotten out of hand with all the drama and hate going on between youtuber to youtuber and now with some of the devs.

I hope things work out for you Spoyser, and as I have always felt, you ROCK!!
I would like to add the same to seanpoyser. You are a awesome dev with a top notch addon. Kodi won't be the same without SUPER FAVOURITES.
thanks again for all your hard work. I hope we see you back here, but totally understand if you don't.
Best of Luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Spoyser,

Is it to my understanding that SF 1,43 will always be available through kodi repo, as well as 1.55 through Dixie repo, it's just that you aren't going to continue developing SF to a higher level?
Like they will always be there right? :-)
The greatest pity is that anyone who has been around for some years, and has seen Spoyser's efforts on various different forums, with various different addons, and perhaps even been fortunate to interact with him personally, actually understands that he is one of the nicest, fairest, most helpful developers, who almost always takes time (his personal time, away from his family) to code personalised solutions for individual use cases.

The contemptible treatment that has occurred over the last few months is disgusting.

@spoyser, thanks for all your hard work. I hope to see you over at OTTV in due course. Cheers.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I don't know whats gone on or whos behind these despicable actions directed at Spoyser but what i do know is that our so called "community" has lost one of, if not THE best developer today because of the actions of d**kheads.

Spoyser is one of the most gifted and genuinely nice devs we had. A rare breed. You just have to look at SF and the way it is made to see it is far superior to anything similar, not one addon even comes close to it in terms of design and features. And most if not ALL of the big addons out there rely and are built on SF/Spoyser code.

My first interaction with Spoyser was fairly recent and epitomizers Spoyser to a T, I was asking for advice on something (that it turns out couldnt be done the way i was trying) and Spoyser wrote me a python script to make it viable, and helped me implement it in my setup. Im a complete noob when it comes to code/script and he had the patience and gave up his time to help me over 3days (and there where ALOT of noob errors and daft moments on my part!)

How many devs would do that?

You just have to go on twitter to see that most, not all but most, of them are stuck up there own ass and too busy being full of there own self importance to help joe bloggs, nevermind write personalised code for them. After alot of back n forths, (and a spelling mistake on my part that was ruining the whole thing) we got it working.

I asked Spoyser if he had a donation page or a paypal so i could send him some £ to get a (well deserved) beer or something on me for all his hard work and for putting up with me! his response:

"Dont worry about it, always glad to help out"

Now how many devs would do that?! With there clicks for cash, donation requests, paid addons and rewarding product endorsements. I reckon you could count them on one hand, if that.

I first dabbled in kodi back when it was xbmc, when m*shup was ruling the scene and the raspberry pi first came out, having recently started dabbling in kodi again its shocking to see the difference in our so called "community" compared to back then, its unreal.

If Kodi had more people like Spoyser then it would be a "community", sadly it hasn't, its full of snakes, plagiarizers and self serving opportunists. And now one of the longest serving and few good guys has left because of these individuals. It is a sad day for Kodi, our "community", and is a massive loss in so many ways. Kodi wont be the same without him.

Spoyser, i thankyou for all your time, hard work and help. You are a true gent.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-09-02, 16:20)dannyrobbo Wrote: I don't know whats gone on or whos behind these despicable actions directed at Spoyser but what i do know is that our so called "community" has lost one of, if not THE best developer today because of the actions of d**kheads.

Spoyser is one of the most gifted and genuinely nice devs we had. A rare breed. You just have to look at SF and the way it is made to see it is far superior to anything similar, not one addon even comes close to it in terms of design and features. And most if not ALL of the big addons out there rely and are built on SF/Spoyser code.

My first interaction with Spoyser was fairly recent and epitomizers Spoyser to a T, I was asking for advice on something (that it turns out couldnt be done the way i was trying) and Spoyser wrote me a python script to make it viable, and helped me implement it in my setup. Im a complete noob when it comes to code/script and he had the patience and gave up his time to help me over 3days (and there where ALOT of noob errors and daft moments on my part!)

How many devs would do that?

You just have to go on twitter to see that most, not all but most, of them are stuck up there own ass and too busy being full of there own self importance to help joe bloggs, nevermind write personalised code for them. After alot of back n forths, (and a spelling mistake on my part that was ruining the whole thing) we got it working.

I asked Spoyser if he had a donation page or a paypal so i could send him some £ to get a (well deserved) beer or something on me for all his hard work and for putting up with me! his response:

"Dont worry about it, always glad to help out"

Now how many devs would do that?! With there clicks for cash, donation requests, paid addons and rewarding product endorsements. I reckon you could count them on one hand, if that.

I first dabbled in kodi back when it was xbmc, when m*shup was ruling the scene and the raspberry pi first came out, having recently started dabbling in kodi again its shocking to see the difference in our so called "community" compared to back then, its unreal.

If Kodi had more people like Spoyser then it would be a "community", sadly it hasn't, its full of snakes, plagiarizers and self serving opportunists. And now one of the longest serving and few good guys has left because of these individuals. It is a sad day for Kodi, our "community", and is a massive loss in so many ways. Kodi wont be the same without him.

Spoyser, i thankyou for all your time, hard work and help. You are a true gent.

Sent from my iPhone

+1. I have also had personal help from Sean. A genuine good guy.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-09-01, 22:24)amoreno1093 Wrote:
(2016-08-27, 02:25)amoreno1093 Wrote: I have a weird issue. So, I make a shortcut on the home screen to a folder containing some live channels from a few different add-ons, so that I can have all of my favorite channels in once place (Super Favorites is fucking awesome). A lot of times after clicking the shortcut into the folder, then watching something, then clicking back into the folder, then clicking back to try to get back to the home screen, it instead goes to the main screen of Super Favorites, showing all of the folders I have. Is there any way to prevent this? I'm currently using Kodi 15.2, but it happens on every version of Kodi I've used.

Anyone? Lol
I was having an issue like this. I tried uninstalling the add on but now I cannot install it again. Don't know what happens

Sent from my SM-J500FN
Oh. I'm so sorry. I haven't read spoyser's post before posting my last one. It is a shame. I don't have words to describe how much SF means to me...

I hope Spoyser reconsider his decision...

Sent from my SM-J500FN
(2016-09-01, 22:24)amoreno1093 Wrote:
(2016-08-27, 02:25)amoreno1093 Wrote: I have a weird issue. So, I make a shortcut on the home screen to a folder containing some live channels from a few different add-ons, so that I can have all of my favorite channels in once place (Super Favorites is fucking awesome). A lot of times after clicking the shortcut into the folder, then watching something, then clicking back into the folder, then clicking back to try to get back to the home screen, it instead goes to the main screen of Super Favorites, showing all of the folders I have. Is there any way to prevent this? I'm currently using Kodi 15.2, but it happens on every version of Kodi I've used.

Anyone? Lol

I have the same issue, i found a workaround by adding the Superfavorite folder to kodi favorites, then choosing the favorite as the path in the skin instead of directly to the superfavorite folder. That way It seems to always work.Then you can delete it from favorites after you link it.
The one, of very few, Kodi add-ons that is clearly worth its weight in gold.. Super Favourites.. is now history. Well designed. Well programmed. Well maintained. The entire community is going to miss it greatly.

Godspeed and good winds to the mighty sailing ship 'Spoyser'. We pray for your swift and prosperous return.
There is always someone. It's funny even these groups that are all supposed to be to the Benefit of KODi can't get along.
That they split into 2 groups.

Thy make claim to be help but in the end it's not about help at least not help to us users only to themselves

Sent from my iPhone 6+
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6